Not my first choice

Green Nightmare

Im sure he will be contacted, but I am not a fan of him either.

"I definitely will go back if it's the right place, the right thing," Barnett said in a phone interview from his home in Arizona. "I know everybody wants 'right place' defined, but it has to be the right [situation] in my opinion. I've definitely put in my year [out of coaching] and I've learned a lot. But if the right thing, the right match, is there, I'd love to get back into it."

I doubt a sun belt team would be the "right place, thing" he is looking for. The guy has been to several Big 12 Championship games, Rosebowl, etc... I just cant imagine it happening, even it was desireable

Me neither but like Harry posted I want to see us go after these guys.

We can't claim to be big time and settle for a small time coach. Even if it works out

We need to let people know we dream big and have a lot of plus's(sp) they may not be aware of

I'm sure UTEP was not Mike Prices dream back in job or George O'leary at UCF

Me neither but like Harry posted I want to see us go after these guys.

We can't claim to be big time and settle for a small time coach. Even if it works out

We need to let people know we dream big and have a lot of plus's(sp) they may not be aware of

I'm sure UTEP was not Mike Prices dream back in job or George O'leary at UCF

agreed! I have full confidence that is what RV is doing.

Thats why I dont understand all this talk about a highschool coach, but I digress.

Go after anyone and everyone. See who is interested! UTEP and UCF are proof, you never know whats gonna happen!

I have confidence in RV.

I dream big and sometime i sip too much Green Kool-Aid circa 2002

I have many Houston Alums as friends and Briles has been fantastic for them

More of a reverse Todd Dodge. High school then College Coordinator.

However I am wondering if he has DD symptoms. One great class he milks for a few years.

Also how did Houston recruit Aldrige out of Denton 3 years ago?

What we don't feature the run enough?

I digress

Also how did Houston recruit Aldrige out of Denton 3 years ago?

I don't know, but I had that same thought this morning when I heard them interview him on the radio here in Houston. The confidence he has in his team, his abilities, and his coach was inspiring. It was humorous at one point when he was talking about how he hates getting tackled. Im looking forward to going to the C-USA champ game this friday and seeing him in action. Kid has like 10+ yards per carry on the season! If he gets 15 carries in the game, he will set an NCAA record for YPC on a season.

I understand the Briles comparison to a degree, but he still spent 3 years as a coordinator under a pretty good coach out there in Lubbock. Thats my major concern. Its been over 12 years since Dodge did anything related to the college game. THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN X's and O's

If its Dodge, I hope he lives up to everything and more. Im just a skeptic!

Barnett would be great. The guy got results at Northwestern after they had 30+ or so losing seasons. Winning the Big 12 is no Sunday stroll in the park either. He'd also know a broader pool of experienced assistants.

The name recognition with Barnett might convince donors we are serious about the program. It would also increase our chances of getting an invite out of the Sun Belt. He's probably a longshot, but he'd be great for us - even though he's got no ties to Southern Miss or UTexas.

Anyone catch Katie Hnida(sp?) on Larry King last night? Not surprisingly, she's now promoting a book based on her experiences as the first female to play D 1-A ball etc. And of course they showed the Barnett comment about her not being able to kick the ball over the cross bar and how much of a distraction she was etc....

He would be an interesting hire and I'm sure he would be successful here but I just don't think at this point NT needs the negative publicity he would bring?

Rick

We need a coach with integrity and class as well as coaching skills. That leaves out Barnett. Female fans (and yes, there are more of us than you think) would be APPALLED!

GMG!

Barnett could bring Neuheisel on as the offensive coordinator. That'd be something.

As far as women/legal troubles at CU, no one was even charged with anything related to Hnida or any other accuser. Do some of you understand what that means? It means there wasn't even enough evidence for police to bring a simple charge against anyone. Nothing.

A female kicker got mad because the coach wouldn't let her kick. Some other gals got mad because news got out that they were throwing parties for recruits and rumored to be sleeping with them.

When the rubber began to meet the road, it turned out that Hnida and the other accusers weren't the saints they made themselves out to be. They banked on just being able to throw an accusation out there and have it be taken a gospel truth.

But, even the the liberal jurisdiction of Boulder, police and state investigators couldn't come up with a shred of evidence to even bring a single charge against anyone.

During the invesitigation, it was learned that Barnett, in fact, made all of the players read the code of conduct aloud in meetings. It was required that the players understand what was right and wrong. The players' parents stood steadfast behind Barnett citing the discipline he instilled in their sons.

The CU deal in 2004 was a sorry affair of a girl trying to kick at the Division I-A level who just couldn't do it, and some others trying to cash in on her anger when she made accusation that she couldn't and wouldn't back up.

Katie Hnida was a coward then, and is a coward now. She knows if she ever had to go to court, she wouldn't have a leg to stand on. That's why she refused to testify or cooperate with much of the investigation. She's chosen instead to simply take her lies public. The American press is always sucked into the "poor me, I'm a woman" story.

Barnett is a good man and would be a great hire for us. I doubt, thought, that RV has the pull to make it happen. If he did, I'd greatly increase my donations to the athletic department.

Katie Hnida was a coward then, and is a coward now.  She knows if she ever had to go to court, she wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  That's why she refused to testify or cooperate with much of the investigation.  She's chosen instead to simply take her lies public.  The American press is always sucked into the "poor me, I'm a woman" story.

I'm leaning towards being with the Fake LF on this one. And as I stated yesterday, she is now trying to make money off of the situation by promoting a book. That and the fact that no one was even charged in her allegations starts me to wonder where the truth is in all of this? Even her story about the night in question doesn't sound like she was completely innocent. She's sort of hot and alone in a guys room, huddled together on a couch. Gee, I'm sure studying was on both of their minds? Then she claimed the other night on Larry King that.."and the next thing I know this guy(now he's a complete stranger) is on top of me"....."he then answered the phone and I ran out"....

I've never heard of a rapist that was distracted enough by a phone call to let his "victim" suddenly go, but I could be wrong?

Sounds like she was sending him the Blue Sack Attack, didn't like how it was going and changed her mind, or there was an arguement of some kind that didn't go her way and she left. I'd be willing to bet she didn't like who he was on the phone with and got angry over it. None of her story makes a bit of sense.

After thinking it over I wouldn't have a problem with giving Barnett a second chance. Price got one at UTEP. Barnett deserves one too.

Rick

Barnett would be the best hire for UNT, he saw first hand what Jamario Thomas did to him and saw the effort that was put on the field....

RV please contact contact Gary Barnett.....he is our only hope....please...

Gary Barnett---Head Coach

Todd Dodge----OC

Tyrone Nix-----DC

Ramon Flanigan---Head of Security at our new state of the art 45,00 seat stadium..

Man talk about a big time line-up, cant wait for next season...

If he can take tickets, he is already showing the skill set of the greatest AD the school has ever known. What does Parcells know about tailgating? Judging by his physique, a good amount...

Parcells for AD!!!!