Nickel and Dime donations

tcooper

Well some of you jokers are saying bye bye Matress Mac.??..The guy donated a ton of money to NT. I was told he was to donate more in the future but I guess the nickel and dime donations from this board will round up some money..NOT!

Troll much?

MM has donated alot of money, but has also made it fairly clear that his donations were in step with DD staying head coach. Now if he continues to donate now that DD is gone then I will eat my words, but until then I think he can be written off as a donor.

Well some of you jokers are saying bye bye Matress Mac.??..The guy donated a ton of money to NT. I was told he was to donate more in the future but I guess the nickel and dime donations from this board will round up some money..NOT!

"I was told he was to donate more in the future."

You're officially a troll. This is your sage wisdom you're using to bash the rest of the posters on this board? You were "told" he was gonna give more money? Tell me Nostradomus when exactly was this money coming and who is your inside source? Was he going to give money when a new stadium could have taken us out of the dark ages? That would have been ten years ago. Was he going to give money when we were riding a wave of momentum and could have taken things higher? That would have been before his "buddy" went 2-9 and was on his way to 2-10. Or, at the very least, it would have been after the 2-9 season to try to kick start things. Or, was he maybe going to hold his money until he was sure Dickey would be back for another year? That's brilliant, hold your alma mater hostage over money that tcooper was "told" would be forthcoming. You wanna talk nickel and dime donations? How about the fact that this is ALL you could hope for if Dickey had stayed? What corporation wants to attach their name to a program that is floundering and shows no vision to correct things? I'm waiting tcooper..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yeah, that's what I thought. Run along and go play now.

I just don't see the big donation coming from MM any time soon. He is dumping a huge amount of money into his Westside Tennis Center to make it a more multi-functional facility and not entirely focused on tennis. He has lost a lot of money trying to make tennis work in Houston and has given up.

So tcooper, unless you have some factual information you want to share, I would suggest you go back to placing all the blame for DD's demise on Flanigan.

While one million dollars will be hard to recoup, it can be done if we make the right hire. Pouting alumni who are loyal to a coach and not a university are not solid sources of income. The right hire can generate the revenue through tickets sales and licensing money plus the opportunity to go to a bigger conference and a bigger bowl in the future.

And how much money do you donate, jackass??

A winning program will bring more donations. Has that ever crossed your little brain?

Remember that time he and another NMSt fan got into it on our site, calling each other out, telling each other they were going to fight at the next game over who was the bigger fan...man that was awesome.

Back in the day, Trolling was an artform, now...not so much.

I liked that guy. He was goofy for sure... but his heart was in the right place.

Nickles and dimes versus the big donor.

Base hits versus home runs.

Here is the main problem with the big donor approach. While it only takes one to make a big splash, there are really hard to find. The nickle and dimes donors are abundant and it piles up.

Point: Endowments

Texas $11.6 billion

Texas A&M $4.9 billion

Rice $3.6 billion #

SMU $1.0 billion #

Baylor Col of Med $1.0 billion #

TCU $941 million #

Baylor $750 million #

Trinity University $733 million #

Texas Tech $461 million

U of Houston $420 million

Southwestern U $279 million #

Abilene Christian $189 million #

St. Mary's $102 million #

Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary $100 million #

Houston Baptist $79 million #

Hardin-Simmons $73 million #

UNT $57 million

Texas Luthern $52 million #

McMurray $49 million #

St. Edwards $45 million #

St. Thomas $45 million #

East Texas Baptist $41 million #

U of Dallas $41 million #

Texas State $38 million

Schriner $38 million #

Incarnate Word $33 million #

Laredo CC $1 million

# private school

See all those big state schools that we are so far behind? See the schools that we are down there with? Houston Baptist, Hardin-Simmons, Texas Luthern, McMurray, St. Edwards, St. Thomas, and East Texas Baptist. These are all schools with enrollments for the most part between 1500 to 2000 students. Their approach? Nickle and dime. Get everyone to give. The guys at the top? Same approach.

UNT swings for the fences - and misses and misses and misses. UNT is more concerned about one guy that might give a million than they are about the 1,000 that might give $100. And it is killing us.

Edited by GreenTiger

Nickles and dimes versus the big donor.

Base hits versus home runs.

Here is the main problem with the big donor approach.  While it only takes one to make a big splash, there are really hard to find.  The nickle and dimes donors are abundant and it piles up.

Point: Endowments

Texas $11.6 billion

Texas A&M $4.9 billion

Rice $3.6 billion #

SMU $1.0 billion #

Baylor Col of Med $1.0 billion #

TCU $941 million #

Baylor $750 million #

Trinity University $733 million #

Texas Tech $461 million

U of Houston $420 million

Southwestern U $279 million #

Abilene Christian $189 million #

St. Mary's $102 million #

Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary  $100 million #

Houston Baptist $79 million #

Hardin-Simmons $73 million #

UNT $57 million

Texas Luthern $52 million #

McMurray $49 million #

St. Edwards $45 million #

St. Thomas  $45 million #

East Texas Baptist $41 million #

U of Dallas $41 million #

Texas State $38 million

Schriner $38 million #

Incarnate Word $33 million #

Laredo CC $1 million

# private school

See all those big state schools that we are so far behind?  See the schools that we are down there with?  Houston Baptist, Hardin-Simmons, Texas Luthern, McMurray, St. Edwards, St. Thomas, and East Texas Baptist.  These are all schools with enrollments for the most part between 1500 to 2000 students.  Their approach?  Nickle and dime.  Get everyone to give.  The guys at the top?  Same approach. 

UNT swings for the fences - and misses and misses and misses.  UNT is more concerned about one guy that might give a million than they are about the 1,000 that might give $100.  And it is killing us.

Great post. Hopefully this point will be taken by the administration and by others.

Is there any reason we don't have a funding drive once a year? Get people to give 10-20-30-100-etc. a month? I know alot of people, especially recent alums, are more able to budget in a monthly sum rather than on large lump payment. I know the lots of groups get on the phone or send out donation cards, etc. Why can't we get anything like that going?

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz