Where are all the students?

Keith7

This is my first year at UNT and I went to the exhibition basketball game a couple of nights ago to check out our team.. to my amazement, there was only about 200 people there at best.. Are all UNT basketball games like this?? or was it because it was an exhibition?? UNT has a repectable Basketball program and have a good chance to win the Sun Belt this year.. We have an awesome arena, and we have more then enough students to fill it up.. Why not make UNT basketball some thing special and fill up the arena?? Will more people show up for regular season games??

P.s. There is another game tomorrow (11-10-06) at 7:00

This is my first year at UNT and I went to the exhibition basketball game a couple of nights ago to check out our team.. to my amazement, there was only about 200 people there at best.. Are all UNT basketball games like this?? or was it because it was an exhibition?? UNT has a repectable Basketball program and have a good chance to win the Sun Belt this year.. We have an awesome arena, and we have more then enough students to fill it up.. Why not make UNT basketball some thing special and fill up the arena?? Will more people show up for regular season games??

Nope they are out smoking their dope pipes and drinking hemp-infused exotic coffees.

Hope you and your fellow students get excited about this team and make a good showing. Unfortunately, we have a lot of fair weather fans in Denton. Once we show that we have a quality team, I expect the lack of attendance situation will change. Wish I could make it tomorrow, but I'll be in Louisiana. Best of luck.

First off it was just an exhibition. But you are right we have more then enough students to fill it up but who knows where they are. The games before and during christmas usually are empty but once conference gets started in january the attendence picks up. Last year we were getting some good crowds that were loud until we started to tank. This will be the year to test "if they win we will come".

First off it was just an exhibition. But you are right we have more then enough students to fill it up but who knows where they are. The games before and during christmas usually are empty but once conference gets started in january the attendence picks up. Last year we were getting some good crowds that were loud until we started to tank. This will be the year to test "if they win we will come".

Ya UNT will be good this year. If Wooden plays as physical as he did against Texas college with the depth of our guards, we will be hard to beat. Hopefully a strong start during non-conference can create a "buzz" among students so we can have somewhat of a home court advantage come conference time..

Ya UNT will be good this year. If Wooden plays as physical as he did against Texas college with the depth of our guards, we will be hard to beat.  Hopefully a strong start during non-conference can create a "buzz" among students so we can have somewhat of a home court advantage come conference time..

Oh the pit might not get full but we get nasty. Messege me because i am allways looking for more students who care. We sit were the old pit crew did next to the lame talons.

TBH, there was no promotion for the exhibition game therefore only hardcore fans even knew it was going on.  If I didn't follow UNT like I do I wouldn't even know we were playing our first regular season game tonight at 7 pm.

is tonight's game a regular season game?? I see meangreensports.com is calling that, but if u go to Cameron's basketball site they call it another exhibition

is tonight's game a regular season game?? I see meangreensports.com is calling that, but if u go to Cameron's basketball site they call it another exhibition

AFAIK It counts as a regular season game. ESPN, Yahoo, Sportsline, and Fox Sports all call it our season opener and are counting it in standings. Granted it won't get us any national respect, but Texas's man handling of Alcorn St. didn't do anything for them either.

I went to most of the games last year... during most of the season there were many thousands of fans there. I think we peaked at 5,000 for one game. I might be remembering that figure wrong though.. we had a blast and the fans were getting really rowdy last year.... It looks like we will have a really good team this year.. really exciting...My daughter and I will be out tonight! See ya out!

yea im excited for this basketball season also, i didnt make it to the exhibition but for sure am going tomorrow night, and where do the stuednts sit you were talking about, ive seen those talons at the football games and it is terrible if that is supposed to be our schools "spirit squad"

yeah... as the ghost from pit crew's past, i wish we could all still come. but the original pit crew has pretty much dismembered. sit in the far student section near the visitors bench. get a roster and let them have it! but still stay classy. its easy to throw out nasty comments... use your imagination and come up with some good ones. dont get discouraged, keep going to the games and bring friends. youll have a blast. and what i remember from the talons... stay away from them. they only show up when they "have" to to meet their requirments, then their attendance starts to trail off. bring the PIT CREW back to life!!!

Why not make UNT basketball some thing special and fill up the arena??

That has never been a priority for the athletic department. The best marketing for any game since I started at UNT was by the Pit Crew for the TCU game a couple years back. Too bad that there doesn't seem to be anyone in the AD that wants to make the basketball games an event, like was done by the Pit Crew against TCU, or how it is done for the football games.