T. Boon Pickens gives 5 million

Stan R

How in the hell can TWU get so many more donations than we do?! If you havn't been by their campus lately look at the new construction over there. Almost every single building on that campus has the money donated for it including those 2 towers built in the 70s. They just got a new Gym (though their gymnastics team is highly rated). I just don't understand how every time they need something boom the money is there no problem where as we have to have DD wear a Gallery Furniture hat on national TV to squeeze 1 mil out of an alum and former letterman that supports aTm athletics more than UNT.

T Boone is a business genius. When he donated 200+ million to Oklahoma State, he pulled the cash out of his investment company BP Capital, TB get's a huge tax deduction for the donation to OSU, but the donation comes with the stipulation that OSU invest the 200+ million back into BP Capital. So TB's company retains the assets, TB gets the tax deduction, OSU gets the divedends/returns on the principal. All it really cost TB is the future returns on the principal. ....genius!

Generally speaking, I have noticed that big time donors really open their pocketbooks for medical projects, which I believe this is.

For instance, I am in awe of what UT Southwestern Medical School (in Dallas) gets in gifts. Huge amounts of money every year. Millions and millions.

How in the hell can TWU get so many more donations than we do?!  ... where as we have to have DD wear a Gallery Furniture hat on national TV to squeeze 1 mil out of an alum and former letterman that supports aTm athletics more than UNT.

They actually have a fundraiser. Somebody, who makes calls and asks for money. NT's AD is dealing with a BOR that will not allow him to go after Huge donors. I don't know why, just that RV is not to blame for all of the problems raising money.