What a MESS!

Eagle Man

What is our mission statement? To suck better than any other D1A school? To show the nation we are the most incompetent bunch of administrators at any college in America?

Is it time to form an investigative committee? Who are those on our BOR? What is the background and beliefs of it's members. How do we get our people on the board?

Isn't anyone else tired of watching this University being abused year after year after year by incompetent people?

If we don't take charge of our own future we can kiss UNT athletics goodbye.

Edited by Eagle Man

What is our mission statement? To suck better than any other D1A school? To show the nation we are the most incompetent bunch of administrators at any college in America?

Is it time to form an investigative committee? Who are those on our BOR? What is the background and beliefs of it's members. How do we get our people on the board?

Isn't anyone else tired of watching this University being raped and abused year after year after year?

If we don't take charge of our own future we can kiss UNT athletics goodbye.

knee jerk and I don't think that "rape and abused" is called for....

How do we get our people on the board?

I'd like to know how members of the BOR are appointed, elected, nominated, confirmed or whatever. Who does it? Is it a political thing? Can you apply? What are the minimal qualifications to be a member of the BOR? I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Anyone know?

Keith

They are appointed by the illustrious govenor, the honorable Rick Perry!

So the state of NT football is another thing that can be blamed on the Republicans.

wink.gifwink.gif

I'd like to know how members of the BOR are appointed, elected, nominated, confirmed or whatever.  Who does it?  Is it a political thing?  Can you apply?  What are the minimal qualifications to be a member of the BOR?  I'm sure it's out there somewhere.  Anyone know?

Keith

It is important to know how the UNT BOR has been given omnipotent power over all aspects of the University. I believe, that the BOR has been instrumental in promoting UNT Law School (Dallas). Setting up a campus in the southern sector of Dallas, etc. All good things. However, I don't believe they have shown any real commitment to promote UNT athletics.

Now, if we believe, as Alumni and supporters of the University of North Texas, that the BOR should embrace academics and athletics equally, (insert all of Plumm's posts here) we should do something.

I think the BOR is appointed by the Governor. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know. If what I believe is right, we owe it amongst ourselves, to investigate the process involved in appointing board members as well as the process to remove them.

Understanding this process will enable us to have a voice (vote) in the appointment of the BOR. If this power entrusted to the Governor is a result of an Act ratified by our State Representatives. Then we have the power to change that power. (By vote) After all, don't the powers that be rely on votes to be re-elected.

It seems as though from what I have read on this board that the BOR has successfully sequestered RV, forced out, our hero, Dr. Pohl and consistently failed to adequately promote UNT athletics.

I know, that everyone wants coach Dickey to be replaced, as he should, but the problems run much deeper than that. (insert Plumm's posts here, also) The BOR has to be investigated to ensure that their commitment to academics and athletics is equally allocated or they must go!!!!!!!!!

Quoner, this is not sarcasm.

Edited by UNTBill

The BOR has to be investigated to ensure that their commitment to academics and athletics is equally allocated or they must go!!!!!!!!!

Quoner, this is not sarcasm.

You are close to right. If their commitment to academics and athletics is EQUAL, then they should go! North Texas is a University. One of the biggest windows for outsiders to our university is the athletic program. It is one of the easiest, fastest and overall cheapest ways to let potential students, teachers and donors learn about our university.

However, we should not drop to the level of 1940s OU and hope “for a university the football team can be proud of.” If for no other reason than the bad grammar in the quotation!

The persons in the highest giving level at universities are generally in the “President’s Council,” not the “Athletic Directors Council.”

And those of us who have been around since the 70’s can tell you beyond question the current BOR is more open to helping athletics than any BOW in a great many years. I don’t think a lot of you realize the option is not keep or fire DD, it’s keep or lose football.

You are close to right. If their commitment to academics and athletics is EQUAL, then they should go! North Texas is a University. One of the biggest windows for outsiders to our university is the athletic program. It is one of the easiest, fastest and overall cheapest ways to let potential students, teachers and donors learn about our university.

However, we should not drop to the level of 1940s OU and hope “for a university the football team can be proud of.” If for no other reason than the bad grammar in the quotation!

The persons in the highest giving level at universities are generally in the “President’s Council,” not the “Athletic Directors Council.”

And those of us who have been around since the 70’s can tell you beyond question the current BOR is more open to helping athletics than any BOW in a great many years. I don’t think a lot of you realize the option is not keep or fire DD, it’s keep or lose football.

Wow, VE, I don't know what to say. My whole post was about the present BOR's reluctance to fully embrace athletics. By your response, it seems you feel that this board is this best BOW we've had since the 70's. If this is the best BOR since the 70's why would you say it's not whether to keep or fire DD, it's keep or lose football. I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

They are appointed by the illustrious govenor, the honorable Rick Perry!

OK, but I doubt that the governor is personally involved in the identification, recruiting and selection of BOR members. I suspect the Governor appointment is merely a formality. So I guess the question is, what is the real process? How does in individual get to the point where the Governer actually makes the appointment?

What is the term of a board member? Are they paid? How much?

Keith

....McIngvale cited the success of the football program under coach Darrell Dickey as one of the reasons he supports the athletic program.

"I absolutely think it is possible for North Texas to build a football stadium," he said. "I am 100 percent behind it as long as Darrell Dickey is there. There is no reason North Texas can't get it done."

If Matress Mac believes Dickey is the Man to lead, the football program, he need's to put HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH IS and give a big donation, Multiple Millions to the stadium fund.