The key play of the game !

calvin

The key play of the game was the penalty on the long run by Jamario that got us across midfield to start the second half when the game was tied 10-10. If we dont get that, then we have a first down across their 50 and we were driving it down their throat. I said to my wife right then and there that was the play of the game. Instead we break down and have to punt and they score a few plays later.

The Int was big too, Joel was there we just over-threw him by about 6 inches. Was it me or was there not any flags thrown on A-State ? We score and get it called back and other several crucial penalties and A-St. has none. Defense was not good tonight, if we could have stopped them any in the second half we could have won that game. I really think we are missing speed on the edge. We have no pass rush at all, we need some 4.6 guys on the edge. We are a year away from being really good defensively, we only lose 1 guy off the starting defense and that is Pruitt.

The key play of the game was the penalty on the long run by Jamario that got us across midfield to start the second half when the game was tied 10-10.  If we dont get that, then we have a first down across their 50 and we were driving it down their throat.  I said to my wife right then and there  that was the play of the game.  Instead we break down and have to punt and they score a few plays later. 

The Int was big too, Joel was there we just over-threw him by about 6 inches.  Was it me or was there not any flags thrown on A-State ?  We score and get it called back and other several crucial penalties and A-St. has none.  Defense was not good tonight, if we could have stopped them any in the second half we could have won that game.  I really think we are missing speed on the edge.  We have no pass rush at all, we need some 4.6 guys on the edge.  We are a year away from being really good defensively, we only lose 1 guy off the starting defense and that is Pruitt.

No....it wasnt just you....there were very few penalties called on stAte....im not sure if you were watching the same game as me but where else would you have preferred a penalty on stAte?? which touchdown would you have liked to have called back?? and whats the reason behind it?? Get it together man....you guys were outplayed by a team that wanted it more. Combine that with the fact that we have a RB just as good as your Thomas and tonight was actually better than Thomas and you are bound to lose. Just accept the fact that you lost again to a better team.

I never said we were the better team, you guys were better, that QB you guys have is a good one. Still doesnt negate the fact that we seemed to have crucial penalties called on us and you guys seemed to have no flags at all.

By the way, you saying that your guy is better than Thomas is ridiculous, JaMario made you guys look bad a lot tonight, and I think I could of ran for 100 yards the way your guys were blocking ours.

I never said we were the better team, you guys were better, that QB you guys have is a good one.  Still doesnt negate the fact that we seemed to have crucial penalties called on us and you guys seemed to have no flags at all.

By the way, you saying that your guy is better than Thomas is ridiculous, JaMario made you guys look bad a lot tonight, and I think I could of ran for 100 yards the way your guys were blocking ours.

If even you could run for 100 yards tonight, why was Thomas the only player on your team who did so?? Go ahead and check the stats....you'll see how your guy stacked up tonight....and when you read those stats....try not to cry when you see your guy wasnt the best back in the game tonight.

Here's your stats!!! Enjoy

Box Score

From what I saw is your guy averaged 4.8 yards a carry and JaMario averaged 5.7 yards a carry even with two 15-20 yard runs called back.  Also the holes I saw Arnold running through were a lot bigger than the ones J-Mo was running through.

Wouldnt you say the hole created is not the responsibility of the RB?? From what you are saying....Arnold had to work harder and still got more yards in the game than J-MO!! The end result is a W in our column and one step closer to New Orleans and a conference title!! If I am right that also puts a L in your column and takes you one step closer to a losing season!.....whoops.....i mean...adds to your already losing season!

Edited by lrstAtefan

What the heck are you talking about you hillbilly, you make no sense. Arnold had a lot bigger holes to run through and averaged 4.8 yards a carry. JaMario didnt quite have the opportunities as Arnold and he averaged 5.7 yards a carry and that is with 2 long runs called back. Also how many 200 yards games and national rushing titles has Arnold won ?

Yes you are right you guys are the better team, I dont have a problem admitting that. But I wouldnt make plans to go to New Orleans just yet.

What the heck are you talking about you hillbilly, you make no sense.  Arnold had a lot bigger holes to run through and averaged 4.8 yards a carry.  JaMario didnt quite have the opportunities as Arnold and he averaged 5.7 yards a carry and that is with 2 long runs called back.  Also how many 200 yards games and national rushing titles has Arnold won ?

Yes you are right you guys are the better team, I dont have a problem admitting that.  But I wouldnt make plans to go to New Orleans just yet.

Why are you argueing with someone that thinks it's a great accomplishment beating a team that, even WITH Johnny Quinn lost to MTSU by 35 and had to take FIU into 7 OT's to win?

Rick

What the heck are you talking about you hillbilly, you make no sense.  Arnold had a lot bigger holes to run through and averaged 4.8 yards a carry.  JaMario didnt quite have the opportunities as Arnold and he averaged 5.7 yards a carry and that is with 2 long runs called back.  Also how many 200 yards games and national rushing titles has Arnold won ?

Yes you are right you guys are the better team, I dont have a problem admitting that.  But I wouldnt make plans to go to New Orleans just yet.

Reggie Arnold is a true freshman....LOL...so...im thinking that probably means he hasnt had a chance to win any rushing titles.....also...Arnolds yds/carry was brought down by two (2) 1 yard touchdown carries. If those are not averaged in, he is 5.3 yds/carry. One more thing....if you had listened to ESPN....even they described the holes J-MO was running through as huge compared to those that Reggie had to run through. Oh yeah...did i mention Reggie had 3 touchdowns in tonights game???So....in any case.....thats my last post...FYI...ill take the name hillbilly but at least the president of the US who represented Arkansas could speak in complete sentences...yours cant even put his thoughts together and read them off the teleprompter. Theres some good Texas exposure for ya!!

P.S. - The highlights are playing on the sportscasts on TV right now...you might want to watch the loss again!

Reggie Arnold is a true freshman....LOL...so...im thinking that probably means he hasnt had a chance to win any rushing titles.....also...Arnolds yds/carry was brought down by two (2) 1 yard touchdown carries. If those are not averaged in, he is 5.3 yds/carry. One more thing....if you had listened to ESPN....even they described the holes J-MO was running through as huge compared to those that Reggie had to run through. Oh yeah...did i mention Reggie had 3 touchdowns in tonights game???So....in any case.....thats my last post...FYI...ill take the name hillbilly but at least the president of the US who represented Arkansas could speak in complete sentences...yours cant even put his thoughts together and read them off the teleprompter. Theres some good Texas exposure for ya!!

P.S. - The highlights are playing on the sportscasts on TV right now...you might want to watch the loss again!

[/quot

Actually I think Arnold had all 3 touchdowns in second half on 1 yard runs. Thomas is a very very good back. I don't think he had bigger holes. He is just better at making people miss. Arnold carries them with him. Both backs are good ones. They do have different running styles. Had some nice conv. with some of your fans sitting by us. It was a tough game. We finally started playing like we can play in the second half. Leonard passed better in second half and seemed to pick up the whole team. BTW we had 3 penalties called on us. We have improved that from the last few years. No turnovers to your two. We scored 10 points on those.

Edited by OsageJ

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Well I have just returned from the game, and I can tell you that the key plays of the game were all the times our offensive line did not push the other team around and in fact the opposite happened. There were a lot of them. Getting the crap kicked out of us by these conference opponents is already getting really old.

KEY PLAY OF GAME ???

.. The ASU coaches didnt show up drunk! Because any flag football coach in America whom we match up against will out coach our ENTIRE staff.

All ASU had to do was to show up on time , not get hurt doing it and play with a 1/2 ounce of emotion.

The key play of the game was the penalty on the long run by Jamario that got us across midfield to start the second half when the game was tied 10-10.  If we dont get that, then we have a first down across their 50 and we were driving it down their throat.  The Int was big too

Yep, that was probably the game. The coaches have to teach these young men how to overcome diversity, and keep on...

I still don't understand how a man was illegally downfield when meager immediately took the snap and lobbed into the corner of the end zone.  Must have been a lineman that tripped over a shoelace and rolled across the line of scrimmage.

I'm not positive since I had the TV volume down while listening to the radio on the Internet, but I thought I heard that it was because the player did not report to the ref that he was going to be an eligible receiver and then lined up in an eligible position and went down field or something like that -- it may have even been whoever caught the pass. Anyway, I don't think it was an interior lineman going down field, I think it was more the result of an illegal formation.

Leonard looks like a good one. It will be interesting to see him develop over the next few years. Based on what he showed tonight, he's definitely a player.

Keith

We actually played good football for 2 or 3 quarters, but then "stuff" started to happen:

(1) The score was 16 - 10, and we were marching down the filed to take the lead, and Meager missed a wide open receiver that resulted in a interception.

(2) UNT special teams fumble.

(3) Driving hard on ASU, and Meager trips twice and fumbles once. Drive ends.

(4) Penalties, and more penalties

(5) one non-call where the ASU QB was clearly past the line of scrimmage.

Edited by chrisfisher

It's the same list week after week.

Good teams, hell decent teams can overcome those mistakes. Who plays perfect every week?

Special teams fumble cost us 3 points. Not a back breaker.

Meager never should have thrown that ball, then again, we shouldn't have two receivers running 30yds downfield on a makeable third down.

He's only dealing with the options given him.

Penalties are hurting us, the inability to move the chains is killing us.