Will we WIN anymore this year ?

NT03

I thought maybe La Tech was a winnable game , but I see they've put up 48 on Utah St. Dang there coaches must of made some adjustments. Go Figure!!!

On a brighter note , I thought JaMario looked pretty good 2nite , if only we had Euless Trinity's OL he could of broken 200yds!

Our coached have no idea what the word "adjustment" means. We play very well I thought in the first half, go into the locker room, and come out in the second half a totally different team. Yea I know ASU made adjustments, but goodness we made none. This coaching staff - time is up.

MOVE ON and get rid of this staff RV.

The O-line was blowing people off the line in the first quarter...but then stAte made the proper ADJUSTMENTS...and then it was feast or famine.  Jamario was cutting and juking like he used to though, best player on the field tonight.

Agree! I think it was a combo of our players playing very lethargic & the ASU coaches making some changes after the half. But hey , I guess thats been the story for a year and half.

What gets me the most , is in the past 2 seasons , in the very,very weak SBC. I feel that UNT has had the best RB and WR in the whole conference.. yet we cant put up jack crap on anyone in the league. Maybe im bias on JMo & JQ , but Id argue with anyone that these are 2 of the best at their postion in the Sun Belt.

Agree! I think it was a combo of our players playing very lethargic & the ASU coaches making some changes after the half. But hey , I guess thats been the story for a year and half.

What gets me the most , is in the past 2 seasons , in the very,very weak SBC. I feel that UNT has had  the best RB and WR in the whole conference.. yet we cant put up jack crap on anyone in the league. Maybe im bias on JMo & JQ , but Id argue with anyone that these are 2 of the best at their postion in the Sun Belt.

Jamario Thomas and Johnny Quinn ARE the best at their respective positions, but its really a gol' darn shame that they don't have the supporting cast (its about recruiting quality "every" recruiting season, folks) to be able to prove it in a more grandiose way.

Hopefully, "The Search" has already "unofficially" begun, but at UNT.............God only knows what we can expect with even that.

AND.................what is sad is how many on this forum by mid-week will make their usual 180 degree turn around on all this and go back to justifying all this crapola. sad.gif

Jamario Thomas and Johnny Quinn ARE the best at their respective positions, but its really a gol' darn shame that they don't have the supporting cast (its about recruiting quality "every" recruiting season, folks) to be able to prove it in a more grandiose way.

Hopefully,  "The Search" has already "unofficially" begun, but at UNT.............God only knows what we can expect with even that.

AND.................what is sad is how many on this forum by mid-week will make their usual 180 degree turn around on all this and go back to justifying all this crapola. sad.gif

That's my concern, Plumm. Honestly, based on your experience, looking at it as objectively as you can, if we DO make a change after the season, what kind of coach do you think this regime will go for, bearing in mind it will be their first football hire? THIS is what troubles me.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

That's my concern, Plumm. Honestly, based on your experience, looking at it as objectively as you can, if we DO make a change after the season, what kind of coach do you think this regime will go for, bearing in mind it will be their first football hire? THIS is what troubles me.

Heard we were considering OC @ So. Miss. If true we'll just perpetuate the demise of this program. We need to great real with recruiters who are known in Texas high schools, i.e. Todd Dodge, Major Applewhite. It was sickening to see players from McKinney, Plano, etc. playing for ASU, but until we make a hire who can recruit in TX and decide to fund a D-1 program and not a wannabe, expect the same results.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hope that we are not considering anyone at this stage. When the job officially opens, we might be surprised at who might want it.

One thing that you are totally right about is there has to be a decision to fund Division IA football. Anything less and we need to drop football altogether.

I feel bad that we have players of this caliber. It is such a waste of good talent. If J-mo and JQ were at Top 25 schools, I'm certain that they would both be drafted in the first 4 rounds to the NFL. I also think that if Cobbs hadn't went down in '04 that he would've been drafted as well.

The '04 to '05 about face was so drastic that it is almost unbelievable.

I hope that we are not considering anyone at this stage.  When the job officially opens, we might be surprised at who might want it. 

One thing that you are totally right about is there has to be a decision to fund Division IA football.  Anything less and we need to drop football altogether.

As I recall, the UNT community was surprised when Hayden Fry showed interest in our head football coaches job back post-1972 football season; especially after the previous season being a 1 win season by Rod Rust's Mean Green team. Fry had to think we had nothing in the area of much talent as the Mean Joe Greene gang were long gone.

I would bet that UTEP (to an extent) was even surprised when Mike Price showed sincere interest in their job, too, since they were hardly a school with a high profile football tradition but rather known for its basketball.

And BTW, didn't we have a "surprise" big name coach apply for our job after Dennis Parker was fired? rolleyes.gif

I hope that we are not considering anyone at this stage.  When the job officially opens, we might be surprised at who might want it. 

GrayEagle,

I absolutely agree with you here. NT may be in for a big surprise. We're in a great football location in a football rich state. New athletic center with "plans" for new stadium. Great pitches to potential candidates. This program is yearning for the right person to take it to the next level.