Football Team or The atmosphere

WIFE2HOT4U

My Sister-n-law is a UNT JR…

Wife & I go to the "Outlaws" AKA In-laws & my Father n law asks if DD will get fired...

Then my Sis n law asks if I am going to Homecoming I reply "yes"

She says she will be @ the Bonfire but that's it - Father nlaw says "Why go to the game - implying we just plain suck"

I say well "Tailgating would be fun" - LOL

Na she says, I'll go to the Bonfire and that's it.

The reason I'm writing this is because they were Season Tkt holders 2 yrs ago.

This is a family that we all wear green and she even had a NT Fball tshirt on while making these comments.

My problem is, to get students to the Games it's 1 of 2 things - right?

Either the Product - Football Team

or

The atmosphere - The Tailgating/Drinking/ETC

So if the student does not really party (Unlike Me) and it's just not FUN to watch your team get a beating - what is the incentive to go.

I am stating the obvious - we are losing the excitement we have been building over the last few yrs.

See in the mid late 90's (When I was a Student) there was no Tailgating - winning seasons.

My wife (UNT Alumni) did not even know we had a fball team & yea, I have asked her if she ever noticed "That big Stadium" (I admit it I did not marry her for the brains ok - hence the handle) LOL

What the heck is going on?

I thought times were changing.

When saw us run on 3rd & 4 with 1:50 mins left in the first 1/2 I knew DD has to go!

So here is my question -

What’s more important a new stadium or a new coach? New coach meaning a Million $ coach that with his name alone, we can recruit, fill the stands and move into a new conference...

Would a Big name coach come here for the right $? If so, who and what is stopping us.

We need an immediate change next season; RV is doing a good job (IMO) now he needs to take us to another level.

As - I am watching the game, I'm thinking:

Negatives -

No excitement after first Drive

Stands empty by 3rd qtr

DD shows no fire - no confidence

JT has to be losing confidence

OL

Positives -

Our uniforms & Team clothing look nice - GET THE NORTH TEXAS off the helmet go solid green or logo

Decent crowd for Kick off

It was on TV - But who picks these games? Why did we not have SMU on FSW or ESPN regional?

It gave me an excuse to get really hammered...Bla Blah Blah