Prediction: Score and attendence

calvin

Can we please not fight over who sucks more?

NT-38

MuTS- 9

21,000 students are going to come in packs.

you're right. I just like to hear myself talk (and read what I write)...

after looking over all the relevent statistics, and running it through a program I have developed (with the help of TAMS students and a highly trained chimp), I've revised my score predictions.

The Ben E Keith Battle of Offensive Ineptitude (BEKBOI) should yield a score of

NT - 6 (one touchdown, and an inevitable missed extra point)

MTSU - 5 (safety, field goal)

I love the (baseless) optimism from MTSU fans. As a NT fan, I can appreciate it.

But comparing a big win over a 1AA lay-up to beating an SMU team that also leveled a 1AA team as well as the defending Sunbelt champ 55-9, doesnt really prove anything. The FIU game may prove to be an impressive victory when its all said and done, as they may be one of the better 0-4 teams in the country.

Congrats on that defensive showing against OU- it was truly impressive keeping them below 60. I guess if we wanted to compare big 12 disasters, I'll point you to our 56-7 endeavor against the reigning national champs. I mean, at one point that game was 28-7 in the 3rd qtr after an 80 yard drive against one of best defenses in the country. We also gave up 14+ points on quick, stupid turnovers. so what?

I dont know about the comment on Akron's defense, I was under the impression they had a pretty decent squad (ask NC State, who knocked off BC). Certainly better than that of most of the sunbelt. Without special teams failure, that game is a lot closer.

I'll agree with you on one point- NT and MTSU are no OU. That is an astute observation. That being said, MTSU is no NT, and we this game big. Again. And just for fun, I'll go with:

NT - 24

MTSU - 6

Boy, I love getting a rise out of you guys. laugh.gif Obviously, Texas isn't as good as they were last year but that's completely baseless. And comparing scores is also baseless. SMU is still probably the worst or second worst team in Conference USA. Rice will probably beat them. And what we learned from Arkansas State's loss to SMU is that they will not win the Sun Belt this year or come close if the blowout loss to Oklahoma State in Little Rock wasn't evidence enough. You'll learn more when FIU gets their first win of the season by beating Arkansas State this weekend.

Also, I think this so-called "baseless" optimism you speak of comes from the fact that Middle Tennessee will have something this year that they didn't have in the previous five meetings--a headcoach with a winning attitude.

Boy, I love getting a rise out of you guys.  laugh.gif  Obviously, Texas isn't as good as they were last year but that's completely baseless.  And comparing scores is also baseless.  SMU is still probably the worst or second worst team in Conference USA.  Rice will probably beat them.  And what we learned from Arkansas State's loss to SMU is that they will not win the Sun Belt this year or come close if the blowout loss to Oklahoma State in Little Rock wasn't evidence enough.  You'll learn more when FIU gets their first win of the season by beating Arkansas State this weekend.

Also, I think this so-called "baseless" optimism you speak of comes from the fact that Middle Tennessee will have something this year that they didn't have in the previous five meetings--a headcoach with a winning attitude.

you started it!

haha, the nature of this thread lends itself to baseless optimism. I dont know how good or bad our team is, or how bad or terrible your team is (see what I did there?), im just trying to rile up some conversation because I love to argue.

It's truly a shame anyone has to lose on saturday. I wish everyone could leave with a shiny trophy and a warm heart, but the nature of this business just doesnt allow it. So I can only hope that yall extend your "oh-fer" streak, and we get back on track to making our annual bowl game

This is my prediction:

The streak ends.

MTSU 20

UNT 13

Attendance - 14,500 (Family weekend won't make up for SMU crowd and Band as MTSU won't have many fans; walk up crowd not real excited about this season after the last two losses.)

Safe travel to all of those traveling from Murfeesboro. I have been to two games (2002 & 2003) in this rivalry at the 'Murf' (Love their stadium) and had a great time at both.

Here's to hoping my predictions are wrong.

GMG!!!!!

Green Guys- 30

Bad Blue- 13

They score in the 4th after we have finished playing. Lots of penalties in this game. My guess is about 3 personal fouls on us and maybe 2 on them. We get real sloppy in the second half with this especially after we block a FG try.

Its Family Weekend and Chili Cook-off time.

Attendance - 18500.

Wow, we hear very similar predictions from MTSU fans every season. Somehow, we just seem to own them. I say nothing changes (we were terrible last year and still won at their place).

Middle Tennessee: 17

North Texas: 27

My optimistic attendance predictions lies in the numbers of the players people should want to come see...

biggrin.gif

Wow, we hear very similar predictions from MTSU fans every season.  Somehow, we just seem to own them.  I say nothing changes (we were terrible last year and still won at their place).

Alot of these predictions over the past two or three years were unjustified because people should've gathered after the '03 season where we blew the game off a fumbled snap that resulted in UNT's go-head touchdown combined with losses to 1-AA Florida Atlantic, Temple, and a blowout loss at Utah State that we had a coaching staff that didn't know how to win.

This year is different. North Texas is 5-0 against Andy McCollum, but the Mean Green is 0-0 against Rick Stockstill. If we come out fired up and take the chances and quit playing conservative football like we did over the past five years, we can win, and then you'll know how big a difference hiring a new coach was and how it has paid off.

UNT 26 [2 Thomas rushing TD's, Quinn pass from Wilson, FG's from 24 and 33; missed XP]

MTSU 17 [2 E.Gross TD's, FG from 28].

Thomas 31 rushes, 154 yards.

Wilson 11-19-1, 136 yards, 1 TD; 13 rushes (inc. sacks), 41 yards.

Quinn, 4 rec., 55 yards,, 1 TD.

Edited by McK

Guest GrayEagleOne

Let's see how good you are at prognosticating. On average you have chosen 23-13 with 17,524 in attendance. Most picked North Texas to win 24-17 and picked 17,000 for attendance.

UNT 26 [2 Thomas rushing TD's, Quinn pass from Wilson, FG's from 24 and 33; missed XP]

MTSU 17 [2 E.Gross TD's, FG from 28].

Thomas 31  rushes, 154 yards.

Wilson 11-19-1, 136 yards, 1 TD; 13 rushes (inc. sacks), 41 yards.

Quinn, 4 rec., 55 yards,, 1 TD.

Awesome! Are you a betting guy? Thomas is still hobbled a bit by a past injury. He's no Adrian Peterson and Peterson ran for 190 some odd yards with a short field. It's unlikely that Jamario will have that luxury or that many chances as you can bet UNT's number of offensive possessions will be limited at best and the new clock rules speeding the game up as much as they have will lessen UNT's offensive possession even more.

We have 41 tackles for loss in only four games. I like our defense despite what was seen at Oklahoma. So not only do I challenge your bet that Jamario Thomas will get 154 yards on the ground, I'll counter bet you that he is held to below 100 yards on the ground for the game.

If you got a good enough receiver, you might get some good gains from the air, but it's not going to happen from the ground.

Blue Raider Pride,

I like your optimism for your school, but at least keep it real.....................Just cause ya'll held Peterson under 200 means squat when ya'll come to Denton. You guys may have a good defense but it is hard to sell that fact when you get drove 59-0. New coach, new system it doesnt matter, you guys still have to come here and win. If you guys win I hope you come on here and say "I told you so" but that is very unlikely.......................Every game is different and has different situations all it comes down to is who made the most plays to get the "w" and I dont think the MUTS can do that here in Denton.