WE WILL BEAT AKRON THIS SATURDAY!

Green Grenade II

I know you think I'm making another of my foolish predictions, but listen up:

1) This is an out of conference game that is very important to the coaching staff AND the players. Win this game, and we're 2-2 coming back for our second home game. Remember, we are 1-0 at Fouts Field this year.

2) I firmly believe you will see imaginative play calling in this game, giving Woody Wilson plenty of options in the running/ passing game. You might see another flea-flicker thrown in. We almost connected on the one we threw vs SMU.

3) Running game getting back on track. Look for Jamario to light up the scoreboard in this game. The O-line will come to play after all the criticsm thrown their way.

4) Special teams: Quinn is back and we have far superior special teams to Akron.

Looking at their board, they complain they cannot even kick an extra point. PLus, we have Spencer. Big plus. Field position will play a huge part in this game.

5) Cool temp: 70 at kickoff and 40% chance of rain. Perfect to get the team fired up.

6) Rubber Bowl and lights at field level, not atop the stands. The unusual feel will brighten things up for Woody and the receivers, not to mention the play of the offensive and defensive lines. Easier to see the sidelines for sending plays in.

Too bad this game is not televised. I watched the Zips on TV 2 years ago, and they do not draw well at home.

THUS...WE WIN! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

I know you think I'm making another of my foolish predictions, but listen up:

1)  This is an out of conference game that is very important to the coaching staff AND the players. Win this game, and we're 2-2 coming back for our second home game. Remember, we are 1-0 at Fouts Field this year.

2)  I firmly believe you will see imaginative play calling in this game, giving Woody Wilson plenty of options in the running/ passing game. You might see another flea-flicker thrown in. We almost connected on the one we threw vs SMU.

3) Running game getting back on track. Look for Jamario to light up the scoreboard in this game. The O-line will come to play after all the criticsm thrown their way.

4) Special teams: Quinn is back and we have far superior special teams to Akron.

Looking at their board, they complain they cannot even kick an extra point. PLus, we have Spencer. Big plus. Field position will play a huge part in this game.

5)  Cool temp: 70 at kickoff and 40% chance of rain. Perfect to get the team fired up.

6) Rubber Bowl and lights at field level, not atop the stands. The unusual feel will brighten things up for Woody and the receivers, not to mention the play of the offensive and defensive lines. Easier to see the sidelines for sending plays in.

Too bad this game is not televised. I watched the Zips on TV 2 years ago, and they do not draw well at home.

THUS...WE WIN! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

What ever green stuff you are smoking on send it my way. from what I saw from the coaches at Tulsa my sister had to remove any sharp objects and keep the suicide hotline number close.

I am starting to convince myself that GGII might be right. Right now we are right where we should be, 1 - 2. We keep underestimating Tulsa, even after they blew through their competition last year.

Tulsa is a really really good team, that was basically the same bunch that beat us last year.

I think DD will take the gloves off the O against Akron, open things up and get JT & Quinn rolling into league play.

GMG

I think this Akron game will be the game for the Mean Green to bounce back.

I don't think Akron is all that great. From what I've read their QB is having some major issues (5 interceptions so far among other things) and their mostly senior O-Line is extremely inconsistent. If our defense is as good as I think it is, and if Woody is allowed to play like he did against SMU, I think we have a great chance of winning this game. Call me an optimist. smile.gif