Weekend Review

KingDL1

This weekend turned out very well for several in the Mean Green Nation, I know I enjoyed mine.

I took some pictures while tailgating and thought I would share. What perfect weather and a great game.

Tailgating

user posted image

I was a little nervous after many bottles of dirty water and an entire day of tailgating and cheering on the Mean Green on to victory, I knew Sunday morning would come early. I had promised to take some air to air photos of a friend's L-29 Delfin fighter trainer jet.

I get the call at 7:15am Sunday morning that the weather was cooperating, his plane was just washed and polished, he has a Bonanza A36 with both rear doors off and a pilot ready to go plus just he dropped 200 gallons of Jet-A in the l-29. But I am hungover and tired, I get rolling toward the airport and I start to feel better than I thought, by the time I get to Lancaster Airport I am starting to feel pretty damn good. The weather is perfect and the planes look great.

We get in the air and I realize I can hang my feet out of the back of the plane while we are flying, bare foot. I have hung my feet out the back of trucks, boats, jeeps, trailers, sleighs, and I don't know what all, I have never hung my feet out of a flying airplane. Next thing we are flying along and tap a cloud and I can feel the moisture of the cloud on my feet, it was a first for me to drag my feet though a cloud at 4000 agl. Kind of felt like an Eagle, a Mean Green Eagle that is.

Two very exciting days days in a row.

Sunday Morning flying for anyone interested.

user posted image

Great tailgating pics!

Sweet pics of the L-29.

plus just he dropped 200 gallons of Jet-A in the l-29.

How much flying time does that buy you?

I have never hung my feet out of a flying airplane. Next thing we are flying along and tap a cloud and I can feel the moisture of the cloud on my feet, it was a first for me to drag my feet though a cloud at 4000 agl.

That is fantastic!

Great tailgating pics!

Sweet pics of the L-29.

plus just he dropped 200 gallons of Jet-A in the l-29.

How much flying time does that buy you?

I have never hung my feet out of a flying airplane. Next thing we are flying along and tap a cloud and I can feel the moisture of the cloud on my feet, it was a first for me to drag my feet though a cloud at 4000 agl.

That is fantastic!

Thanks guys,

200 gallons will get you about 45-50 minutes for the kind of flying we were doing, at a higher altitude and cruising you can do much better, and low altitude with full throttle say doing fly byes and aerobatics much worse.

Edited by KingDL1