SMU sold all of their allotment?!?

mrsgreengoblin

why is north texas so interested in smu? I guess its flattering in a way. Most of the world treats us with indifference these days. It is a little weird though.

I speak only for myself. Most of the smu grads I know are pretty good people. But then there are the few who act like the complete rich pricks they are.

Interesting that ALL of the top attendance days have come since 1989. And yes, I understand that we expanded the stadium to 30,000 in the early 90's.

Look also at the opponents involved....all regional well-known name teams that fans want to see. This is why we need out of the SBC and into CUSA. BTW, attendance at those games was 90%+ NT fans, none of the opponents brought more than 4,000 fans = BU.

I guess the point was a retort to Plummer, who often states things as if they are fact. Yes we had two years of big crowds during the Hayden Fry years. He had one season in the 17000 range, three in the 11,000 range, one over 19000 and one under 10000.

However, the average attendances during the Fry years ranged from 9683 (1974, his second year) to 19,599 (1977, his next to last year). I assume that the 19599 attendance was helped a bit by a "home" game at Texas Stadium vs SMU, attendance 26,097.

The 19599 average attendance was our highest until 1997, a 4-7 year coached by Matt Simon, when we averaged over 19700.

No they didn't. I got it from the ticket office that they returned 1500 tickets.

And seriously do you think there were more SMU'ers in those two sections than on the alumni side? There were empty spots all through SMU's secton. Even our student section wasn't completely full. There were empty spots up high and on the edges (This is not an indictment of the students. They did a great job! Very Loud!)

My comment about there being more SMU fans than Alumni side fans was more of a hyperbole.  I know there weren't more I was just making the point that the alumni side looked rather bare.

Really, bare? Thats a word I wouldnt use it was pretty full from where I was sitting. And from my view on the deck during the game both sided seemed about equitable.

I was shocked there weren't more in the endzones though. All the pregame buzz had this being a near sellout. I guess this proves that Baylor definately travels a lot better than SMU