Amon Carter

shutter

I was shooting defensive ends, Chase Ortiz and Tommy Blake for a MWC story and noticed that Amon Carter has the horse shoe style lower lever, sans track, and steep side seats. Very much like the renditions posted about the initial designes of our new stadium in the "wishful thinking" topic.

I really like watching football at Amon Carter and seeing how similar it is to our concept is really great. The big difference is the luxury boxed right above the horse shoe. With the boxes, it will even be steeper and more canyon like.

We have to have this stadium before I kick off.

My thoughts exactly.

I believe they borrowed ideas from AC, which is one of my favorite stadiums.

GMG

I was shooting defensive ends, Chase Ortiz and Tommy Blake for a MWC story and noticed that Amon Carter has the horse shoe style lower lever, sans track, and steep side seats. Very much like the renditions posted about the initial designes of our new stadium in the "wishful thinking" topic.

I really like watching football at Amon Carter and seeing how similar it is to our concept is really great. The big difference is the luxury boxed right above the horse shoe. With the boxes, it will even be steeper and more canyon like.

We have to have this stadium before I kick off.

Fouts was a horrible design before it was ever built and it has denied North Texas the ability to gain a strong following for many decades. The new design at North Texas is even worse and could doom the program for the next century.

I can't believe that we have people actually excited about repeating the mistake.

Edited by ADLER

photographing = shooting, with camera. I know, in this day and age I may go to jail.

Adler, I looked again and I still like AC and dont really understand what you dont like about the new drawing or concept that we have other than they are not getiing anything done. I really dont know anything about it as to debate its funtionality.

photographing = shooting, with camera. I know, in this day and age I may go to jail.

Adler, I looked again and I still like AC and dont really understand what you dont like about the new drawing or concept that we have other than they are not getiing anything done. I really dont know anything about it as to debate its funtionality.

More seats in the upper deck than close to the field.

More seats in the upper deck than close to the field.

Exactly. In the original AC design we stick our fanbase back up and out of the way in an upper deck. By looking at the design, it's almost 1/2 of the capacity would be up high. Whereas those seats need to be integrated back down onto the field by making the lower level larger.

Rick

We need to learn from history.

You build a modern Division 1 stadium by building it in components with the intention (and ability) to expand when necessary.

For Example: LSU Stadium started by building the prime seating along both sidelines.

user posted image

Then that design was expanded higher and one end was enclosed to make a horseshoe configuration.

user posted image

And later the entire lower area was bowled in and upper decks have been added as additional seating has been required.

user posted image

Guest GrayEagleOne

One problem is that the luxury suites divide the upper and lower tier. More seats added to the lower tier put both the luxury boxes and the upper seats further away from the action.

Frankly, I like the current plan. We already have the blueprints and it can be completed in 18 months. If you start over you'll need new plans, new cost studies and approvals all over again.

I'm just ready for them to announce to the world that the stadium fund is on its way. I saw the first game at Fouts and I'd like to see the final one there.