Mean Green Spirit

untgirl04

With all the depressing news coming out about players right now, I thought I'd post something to cheer everyone up a bit.

First, I should explain that on our car, we have a North Texas decal on the back, a Mean Green sticker on the driver's window, and a North Texas license plate holder on the front.

As my husband and I were driving through Ft. Worth yesterday, a car that was two lanes over suddenly slowed down and changed lanes to pull up right next to us. The two girls in the car began to frantically wave their eagle claws at us, so we returned the favor. With big grins on their faces, the girls then moved back into their original lane and sped off.

I know a major disappointment for many alumni is the lack of spirit from the students. But I just wanted everyone to know that it's definitely on the rise.

That's a rarity in the Houston area.

yeah it is. I wear my NT stuff as much as possible, just doing my part to advance familiarity with my alma mater biggrin.gif

On the way home Sunday cruising down I 45 I passed somebody with the new 'North Texas' sticker (the white one they send out with season tix) on their truck. Made me happy. Probably sounds lame to fans of other schools, but its such a rarity around here.

You never even see us mentioned in the Houston Chronicle. Good news per RV, all the football games will be broadcast on some station down here again this year.

With all the depressing news coming out about players right now, I thought I'd post something to cheer everyone up a bit.

Not to rock the boat, but the news from this team so far is not really depressing? Most of what we are hearing is very good. I know Eddie Gilmore is a huge loss, but we have more than enough talent to run the outside pass rush in the 3-4. (for those who saw Brandon Monroe at the BBQ, you saw why he would be perfect for that spot). Alexander's medical issues do hurt us, but not so much that we cannot overcome it? We have some very talented OL's, (Adjani Banks, Joel Foster, Jeremy Brown, Chris Eid) who can play tackle. There are others also on the rise.

Maybe I'm drinking too much of the green cool-aid, but I think we are in pretty good shape with this team. J-Mo back in the saddle full time, Quinn is ready to go, Phillips should be the man at QB (I know, fire away), Isaac Thomas gives us our first real monster at DT since Booger left. (anyone who watched spring ball saw that...unbelievable), and we are running the 3-4...which puts out best defensive players out there all at the same time. I realize UNTgirl was being positive about things, and that is awsome! I just dont feel we are getting as much bad news from the team as we are good. My feeling is we are in very good shape for this season. Yes, there are some questions to be answered at QB and Corner? The best part of all this speculation is that today is August 7th... so we get some answers starting this week.

The College football season is here... and ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!

GMG!!!

I see people wearing NT stuff every once in a while. I mostly see a lot of window decals and stuff like that though.

I wear it as much as I can too.

Now if we can translate all that Spirit into recruiting.....

Edited by gksmith

--- Saw a North Texas back-pack in Chicago this summer. Too many people between me and them to talk to them, I was surprised how few college shirts, hats, etc. was being worn in Chicago area. People around here wear a lot more college items.