Interesting Thread

good_ken

UHHHH, that  post was at 2 in the morning, i was super tired from a long Monday.

Man I should have left it at just one sentence.... dry.gif

You guys arent any better than those Aggies who dissed one of their own...

No, the Aggies who "dissed" one of their own were commenting on content, not grammatical usage. Since we all have a degree from the same place, it reflects poorly on all of us when people can't use common homonyms correctly. And usually I wouldn't say anything about the post, but you've done it quite a few times so I felt compelled to comment.

I don't mean to discourage you from posting, because the more discourse on the board the better, but just remember that when you're calling people stupid and ignorant, you leave yourself open to criticism.

Note from TexAgs Staff:

I had the fortunate opportunity to speak with aggiegrant06 Sunday over the phone. Please allow me to clear up a misunderstanding:

Neither aggiegrant06 nor his girlfriend had anything to do with blowing the whistle on OU regarding the NCAA violations described in this thread. Apparently, because there were numerous individuals aware of these activities and because the activities were done so “out in the open”, their involvement was not necessary.

This fact, of course, seems troubling for OU with regard to who knew what when, but more importantly, in the context of this thread, the view that aggiegrant06 is the David that slayed the OU giant is somewhat misplaced. Instead, he’s the guy that knew of this year’s biggest college sports scandal a full 6 months in advance – and that’s cool enough in my book.

So, let’s enjoy this story for what it is, another fascinating example of why we say: “TexAgs.com – We know stuff.” Although in this case, we just didn’t believe it.

-Brandon '95

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 8/8/2006 11:57a).]

Rick

UHHHH, that  post was at 2 in the morning, i was super tired from a long Monday.

Man I should have left it at just one sentence.... dry.gif

You guys arent any better than those Aggies who dissed one of their own...

I think it was just the ironic nature of the post that made it funny, as untgirl pointed out.

Plus, everyone on the gomeangreen bored is pretty board and ready four the season too start. biggrin.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

Your reaction is just what I would expect from the #1 Horse Hugger on this board!!

Jim, I won't make any apologies for not being adversarial to SMU. I don't know why you are but that's your problem to live with.

It began when I became a fan of Doak Walker. To me, he was the epitome of someone who could get the most from their size. There were bigger and faster players but none better IMO.

But, I have other connections. The School of Business bears our last name and the donor is a distant relative. I was a Baptist but have been a Methodist now for almost 50 years so maybe there is some loyalty to my religious denomination. My daughter is on the staff there. I've had several relatives and a number of friends who are graduates and all are fine upstanding people. There's not a snob in the lot.

I know that SMU has done several things that I didn't like and/or agree with. Thanks to a few, they received (and deservedly so) the death penalty in football. They paid the price more than twenty years ago. If the roles were reversed, would you still want North Texas students vilified for something that they had absolutely nothing to do with? Baylor did something similar in basketball, plus had one of their players murdered, yet I don't see constant condemnation of them. By the way, where was their support for our acceptance into the SWC? And, that was Hayden's alma mater.

You know, even if I didn't like SMU, Baylor or any other university I wouldn't wish the death penalty on them. To me it's like wishing a person dead. I don't do it and I don't appreciate it when anyone, especially from my alma mater, does. If I have death wishes it would be for tyrants, mass murderers and those who have physically harmed my family.

While some taunting and teasing is fun; hatred is not. We seem to be teeming with hatred for SMU and I don't think that's healthy. Frankly, if I was the SMU athletic director, it would be a cold day in hell when I played anyone that hated me so much.

Every time we play them in any sport I still want to win but I don't want to see them 'dead'.