Truce

I think everyone knows everyone's opinions on the coaching staff, stadium, fan support, WWI....who is a conservative and who votes democratic.....etc......

I am just getting worn out reading the same posts that I have read since the end of last season.

DD's record is 39-55 at UNT

DD's record as an OC at UTEP and SMU was 13-31-1

DD's record last year was 2-9

1913 to the end of Coach Fry: winning percentage 58%.

After Coach Fry: 42% winning percentage and only 10 winning seasons in almost 30 years.

There is nothing we can do to change the past.

WHY DONT WE ALL JUST AGREE TO QUIT THE BASHING OF THE COACHING STAFF UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN SEPTEMBER.

HECK, BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER, WHEN WE HAVE JUST ABOUT COMPLETED OUR OOC TEAM PLAY, WE SHOULD KNOW WHERE THIS WHOLE SITUATION STANDS WITH THE COACHING STAFF AND THE TEAM.

Quit the bashing now!!!

Is stating facts bashing? By the time football season starts there will probably be more facts to state, as in some key "contributors" did not make grades. Or maybe, coach leaves for another job. Low ranking recruiting class, is that bashing? You are right, the record of this team will speak for itself.

Is stating facts bashing?  By the time football season starts there will probably be more facts to state, as in some key "contributors" did not make grades.  Or maybe, coach leaves for another job.  Low ranking recruiting class, is that bashing?  You are right, the record of this team will speak for itself.

The sky is blue.

Grass is green.

Dating hot chicks is more fun than dating the anchor.

"Boob" is a palyndrome.

Darrell Dickey is 39-55 while at NT.

All of these are facts. All of these are well known facts. Repeating any of these things doesn't make them newsworthy or shocking. I think that was eulesseagle's point.

If there was no bashing this would be the Pleasantville Forum.

It is the pros and the cons that make life and choices interesting.

Bash!

Bash!

Bash!

Beating a dead horse is another story.

Other than my signature I have not bashed the coaching staff in three months.

Here I will give just one more until Football starts or until DD mouths off about the fans or having the worst situation in all of football to overcome.

Dickey Ba..Ba....Baaa.....Bash

Done now.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I guess it depends on what 'bashing' is. To me, basking is derogatory opinion or blame without substantial facts. In most case, we are exhibiting facts to back up our claims. Not all negative opinion would be considered bashing IMO.

It is 60 days to fall training. The only college sports still active are baseball and the national finals of track and field. We have no baseball team and there is only so much that can be said about Brandi Stanfield. We should not be talking about politics (except state or local that affect NT) or religion. Do we close the board?

Is stating facts bashing?  By the time football season starts there will probably be more facts to state, as in some key "contributors" did not make grades.  Or maybe, coach leaves for another job.  Low ranking recruiting class, is that bashing?  You are right, the record of this team will speak for itself.

Some of the people on this board just need to bitch - it makes them feel whole. Why do you insist on ending bashing and taking away the only thing these 10 people seem to have to do at weird hours of the day?

If they don't tell me why we suck, I might forget about what happened on the field and start smiling again. THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!

Why do you insist on ending bashing and taking away the only thing these 10 people seem to have to do at weird hours of the day?

outside the smu game you will see a lot more than 10 people missing out of the stands the rest of this season, all because of the current regime. 2-9 again is very possible.

so go ahead and express your lovefest for dickey if you want but many of us are not hunting with that dog.

Edited by LoveMG

Not to beat a dead horse, but assuming we trot the same kids out there that we did last year (who did we recruit that is going to help us), and assuming the two teams that we beat actually improved a little, (Middle Tennessee new coach, Florida whatever doesn't turn it over NINNNNNNNE Times) tell me the two teams that we are going to beat to go 2-9 this year?

I could put my green lens sun glasses on that I got for playing in the Don January tournament and say we split our OOC games and run the table in conference play and are still the only Sun Belt team to actually play the New Orleans Bowl in New Orleans. My expectation level for this season might be too low, but at least I will be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

Last year we returned the back to back national rushings champs...............Maybe expectations were just to high last year.

outside the smu game you will see a lot more than 10 people missing out of the stands the rest of this season, all because of the current regime.  2-9 again is very possible.

so go ahead and express your lovefest for dickey if you want but many of us are not hunting with that dog.

As if on cue, the two people I had in mind with my statement show up. I would have named names, but whenever I do those posts get deleted.

And I said absolutely nothing about a Dickey lovefest in my post...but I digress.

To paraphrase Joe's signature:

BITCH ON THE BOARD ALL DAY!!!

HATE THE SCHOOL FOR PERCIEVED SLIGHTS!!!

STOP COMING TO THINGS!!!

Edited by Quoner

Not to beat a dead horse, but assuming we trot the same kids out there that we did last year (who did we recruit that is going to help us), and assuming the two teams that we beat actually improved a little,  (Middle Tennessee new coach, Florida whatever doesn't turn it over NINNNNNNNE Times) tell me the two teams that we are going to beat to go 2-9 this year?

I could put my green lens sun glasses on that I got for playing in the Don January tournament and say we split our OOC games and run the table in conference play and are still  the only Sun Belt team to actually play the New Orleans Bowl in New Orleans.  My expectation level for this season might be too low, but at least I will be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

Last year we returned the back to back national rushings champs...............Maybe expectations were just to high last year.

If some of our MG elect (who I feel are truly some of the best fans/alums any school would be proud to have in spite of the philosophical differences betweem us on some matters relating to NT athletics; yet if some of this group from our Mean Green congregation would just leave the human aspect out of all this and merely look at what most NCAA D1-A schools look at, ie, the bottom line..........with our record over the last 8 years I think there would be more who would also be a bit than mildly concerned about our future at the NCAA D1-A level (especially in the next most crucial few years for any NCAA D1-A program that truly wants to be a player at this level).

I'm almost positive our present situation at UNT would create much concern among alums at most other 1-A locales if they, too, had a similar situation as ours. I also think many of you know this discussion would not even exist at most any other NCAA D1-A school because most of that group of schools would have already made"directional changes." Lord help us all that UNT doesn't become a state-supported retirement center for another wave of athletic personnel of which not one NCAA D1-A school with a higher-profile than UNT are not even vaguely interested in talking to them.

Granted..............Americans love the under-dog and pull for such in many cases, but doesn't there comes a time when there has (in deed) been enought time given (DD's 9'th year on the way, folks) for anyone who might be called an under-dog to have put such a role behind them, but rather gain the role of being on many higher profileNCAA D1-A football programs "Most Wanted" lists?

After 8 or 9 years at most NCAA D1-A schools outside the Super or Mega-Football Schools, the new role that most head football coaches would have after almost a decade at a school would (in deed) be that of "Most Wanted." And outside of about 10 or 15 Super or Mega-NCAA D1-A football programs, aren't the rest of us all still pretty well stepping-stones for all practical purposes? Haven't most of us accepted that role almost about the time Fry was hired at Iowa; but wouldn't most of us still prefer to have a football program in Denton, Texas, America whose head football coach's next step would be a Big 10 or Big 12 job? Or do we prefer the other kind of program where there is no demand for him (or her in other sports) at all?sad.gif

Being redundant all over again, but isn't amost a decade at an NCAA D1-A institution and our head coach still being (significantly) under .500 in wins/losses a bit of a stretch? Would there even be this argument on similar sports message boards as GoMeanGreen.com at most all other NCAA D1-A schools if they had a similar situation? wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I was having a conversation last Friday about college football with a young man in my unit. "Jason" is a SMU graduate and he was discussing SMU's prospects for this year.....which he feels are pretty grim. He commented that Phil Bennett needed to have a good year in order to keep his job, and then he commented that "at least Bennett is better than Tom Rossley and the offense that he ran". Jason went on to say "his offense consisted of up-the-middle, up-the-middle, up-the-middle, punt".

I just smiled and said "well, obviously the officials at North Texas were much more impressed by that offensive scheme than you were. Otherwise they wouldn't have hired Tom Rossley's offense coordinator away from SMU.....to be our head coach" rolleyes.gif

As if on cue, the two people I had in mind with my statement show up. I would have named names, but whenever I do those posts get deleted.

And I said absolutely nothing about a Dickey lovefest in my post...but I digress.

To paraphrase Joe's signature:

BITCH ON THE BOARD ALL DAY!!!

HATE THE SCHOOL FOR PERCIEVED SLIGHTS!!!

STOP COMING TO THINGS!!!

Just two, Quoner?smile.gif

JUST CHASING A FEW PARKER COUNTY RABBITS, HERE..............smile.gif

Not one of us think DD is some kind of an ogre or bad human being and (for the life of me) I still don't understand why a few have wanted to personalize all this as far as DD is concerned. In fact, most of have heard or read that DD is truly a good guy, ie, a responsible, church-goin' sort of family man of which most of us on this board would admire and commend him (or anyone else) for having such traits.

But this is not about a man's lifestyle because none of that is what has the Mean Green football program fighting to be the "best of the worst' as a member of the fledgling Sun Belt Conference. Good ol' SBC? Absolutlely nothing DD, Rick V, Bobby Ray or the 12 Disciples themselves could have done concerning our school having to be a member of the SBC because, quite frankly, no one else in NCAA D1-A wants us right not and our (seemedly) always being on the wrong side of the politics part of all this will (I suppose) always hurt us if we even tried to seek CUSA membership, again. . .

.....BUT IN THE PAST, effective fund-raising above and beyond those who post (or even read this board) could have already been helping our cause even to the extent that we could have already identified a Big Donor (& this "ONE" who probably should have been developed as an alumnu$ long ago by NT's former Advancement Office); nevertheless, such a donor as one who would be instrumental in our building a much-needed football stadium at the Mean Green Village. Can we live with Fouts Field as it is now? Sure we can and sure we're going to have to for awhile, apparently, just as any of us could probably live with having a 1956 Chevy Impala as a our main vehicle here in the Year of our Lord............2006. A '56 CHEVY!?!?!?!?:0

Yes, a '56 Chevy...................And for sure we could fully-load a 1956 Chevy as to impress many, but just how many of today's 17 or 18 year olds are going to be impressed with such an old dressed out car when many of them are used to having better, more modern and up-to-date vehicles even during their HS years?sad.gif

$$$??? Yet, I'd bet if one multiplied by 10 X's the total amount of the combined posters of this message board's MG Club giving, you'd still fall short of $1,000,000. Folks, check out the UTEP athletic dept. or those budgets of those old Missouri Valley Conferenc schools we used to be in bed with (and whose dust we are presently choking on) if anyone thinks that evem $1,000,000 would be so impressive an amount in context to most upwardly bound NCAA D1-A football programs.

Nothing profound with this statement, but its more than just about us who post (or read) from this sports message board and always has been. There are actually some pretty great NT alums who don't even know this forum exists. Yet some on GMG.cm have made their stand (and one post on that is probably sufficient) as far as how they will personally support this athletic program from this moment on into the upcoming academic year. What their personal suppport is (quite frankly) is also personal. I mean, if someone comes up today to ask you what your present checking account balance is could he or she expect an answer?

MORE RABBITS ON THE WAY HERE..............The whole UNT System seems to be at some semblance of a crossroads at this time of our history; for instance, we have a UNT-Dallas campus that has (still) not met the state of Texas legislature's time-table of becoming a free-standing university even as those down in Austin keep changing the criteria to help UNT out in that regard; we have a Chancellor who admits that athletics is hardly a passsion of his (although he also says he won't stand in the way of NT Athletics, too, but after looking at his recent mission statement someone linked on this GMG.com, he seems to be backing up his claim with so very little written in his mini-manifesto about how NT athletics really fits into his version of a future and perfect UNT world..............YET ADDING INSULT TO INJURY..............we just lost one of the 2 most supportive NT presidents in our school's history as Dr. Pohl announced his resignation months ago.

OH, THE HUMANITY.....................ohmy.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I was having a conversation last Friday about college football with a young man in my unit. "Jason" is a SMU graduate and he was discussing SMU's prospects for this year.....which he feels are pretty grim. He commented that Phil Bennett needed to have a good year in order to keep his job, and then he commented that "at least Bennett is better than Tom Rossley and the offense that he ran". Jason went on to say "his offense consisted of up-the-middle, up-the-middle, up-the-middle, punt".

I just smiled and said "well, obviously the officials at North Texas were much more impressed by that offensive scheme than you were. Otherwise they wouldn't have hired Tom Rossley's offense coordinator away from SMU.....to be our head coach" rolleyes.gif

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick