FAU schedule

Cowtown

Has anyone noticed that beating of a schedule FAU has.

First 5 games on the road.

Clemson

K State

OSU

SCarolina

Monroe

man that is rough.

1st home game is Oct 21.

GMG

Of course, we have yet to beat a Howard Schnellenberger football team and that when he was at Miami (early 80's) and FAU in our last 2 attempts.

In fact, we first lost to his (now an SBC member) FAU football team at Fouts during our last bowl year. Good coaching can take average talent to the next level and I think we found that to be the case with Fry before he really got his recruiting program on track up in Mean Green Country.

Of course, we have yet to beat a Howard Schnellenberger football team and that  when he was at Miami (early 80's) and FAU in our last 2 attempts. 

In fact, we first lost to his (now an SBC member) FAU football team at Fouts during our last bowl year.  Good coaching can take average talent to the next level and I think we found that to be the case with Fry before he really got his recruiting program on track up in Mean Green Country.

Can we tie this into Tina Slinker's coaching record too - because that was obviously the point.

That schedule sucks - poor hooters. Must be quite a nice payday though...

PS: Plumm, I hope you see the irony in my accustations of thread hijacking.

Edited by Quoner

Can we tie this into Tina Slinker's coaching record too - because that was obviously the point.

That schedule sucks - poor hooters. Must be quite a nice payday though...

Well, since you just did tie her record into this thread, then I guess I don't have to, now do I? huh.gif

On the subject of the quality and style of FAU's Schnellenberger, I think on many occasions we have been out-coached of late and I have several non-UNT friends who have attended some MG football games the last few years who actually first brought that subject to my attention. wink.gif

Also, in the last 35 years of following all this, I just sorta' feel better about our school's athletic program when "multi-years on the job" NT varsity coaches have over .500 W/L records. Wonder if Longhorn, Aggie, Red Raider, Bear, Cougar, Owl, Mustang, Miner and Horned Frog fans feel the same at their respective locales? ohmy.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen