What was the first UNT game that you attended?

calvin

The first game I attended was the homecoming game in 1998 it was against Nevada and a freaking monsoon blew in. It was an exciting game until the rain became too much to take. We left at halftime but it was exciting to that point, I remember somebody laying a Nevada player out on a 4th down play by the sideline. I believe we won like 27-21. I have been to almost all the home games since then even the one that we played against NMSU where there was about 300 people there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game I attended was the homecoming game in 1998  it was against Nevada and a freaking monsoon blew in.  It was an exciting game until the rain became too much to take.  We left at halftime but it was exciting to that point, I remember somebody laying a Nevada player out on a 4th down play by the sideline.  I believe we won like 27-21.  I have been to almost all the home games since then even the one that we played against NMSU where there was about 300 people there.

TCU game in 2001. I've been to most home games since then, as well as the OU and TCU games, and NO Bowls 2001 - 2003.

My first North Texas game at Fouts came in about 1955 when my dad officiated a game there. Fouts was pretty new then.

My first game as a student came in September of 1960. I have no idea who we played. It was the year after the Sun Bowl team. I remember everyone saying that the team was sure better the previous year. They were right.

I was at that Nevada Noah's ark type flood game. It wasn't my first game, but it was the first I vividly remember. (It took me a bit to really get going with NT football). I did manage to stick it out the entire game, thanks to some panchos my friends and I had gotten at Wal-Mart before the game.

My first North Texas game at Fouts came in about 1955 when my dad officiated a game there.  Fouts was pretty new then. 

My first game as a student came in September of 1960.  I have no idea who we played.  It was the year after the Sun Bowl team.  I remember everyone saying that the team was sure better the previous year.  They were right.

Huff, according to the official NT press guide, there was only one game played in September of 1960.......I'm talking home or away.

Sept. 24th vs UTEP was the opening game of the 1960 season.....we tied them 16-16.

1960 was a nine game season! Was that the case for all of the NCAA teams, or just us?

Guest GrayEagleOne

The first game that I remember was the homecoming game in 1947. An overflow crowd at the old Memorial Stadium (capacity 10,000) witnessed a 33-0 tromping of Houston. The Eagles were 10-1 that year but lost in the Salad Bowl to Nevada.

I started at North Texas the following fall but left in 1950 to go into the Navy. As luck would have it, I was home on leave and was able to see the very first game at Fouts in 1952. Actually, it wasn't much of a game. We were all over North Dakota to the tune of 55-0.

As luck would have it, I was home on leave and was able to see the very first game at Fouts in 1952.  Actually, it wasn't much of a game.  We were all over North Dakota to the tune of 55-0.

Jack, did they have tortillas that far back?!?!? blink.gif

laugh.gif

Just kiddin' friend........My first UNT game was Hayden Fry's first to coach as Mean Green coach. It was in September of 1973. I think I only missed one of his games at Fouts during his tenure.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

First game was in 1994 when we lost to Montana 21-17. Mitch Maher had us driving for the win at the end only to come up short at about the Montana 20 as time expired.

First victory was in the rain in 1994 38-17. "See ya later McNeese State"

I've been a Mean Green junkie ever since.

Edited by Eagle-96

Jack, did they have tortillas that far back?!?!? blink.gif

laugh.gif

Just kiddin' friend........My first UNT game was Hayden Fry's first to coach as Mean Green coach.  It was in September of 1973.  I think I only missed one of his games at Fouts during his tenure.

That would be the UTA game. I won't mention the score. We faced a future NFL star in Dexter Bussy in that game.

That would be the UTA game. I won't mention the score. We faced a future NFL star in Dexter Bussy in that game.

Oh, yes, Dexter was a talented fullback.

I'm pretty sure I still have the program to that game in my trunk with all my other programs. I don't save them any more, but that was a fun thing for a kid to do.