If this were only true !

MeanGreen61

Now this would be a conference ! From a post by TopCoog on the La Tech board. If CUSA teams left for Big East expansion.

1. TCU

2. UTEP

3. North Texas

4. SMU

5. Houston

6. Rice

1. Tulane

2. La tech

3. Memphis

4. USM

5. UAB

6. Tulsa

that would be the ultimate line up if we could get it.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Now this would be a conference ! From a post by TopCoog on the La Tech board. If CUSA teams left for Big East expansion.

1. TCU

2. UTEP

3. North Texas

4. SMU

5. Houston

6. Rice

1. Tulane

2. La tech

3. Memphis

4. USM

5. UAB

6. Tulsa

I'll take it, where do we sign? smile.gif

If the Big East expands, would they honestly take UCF and Marshall but not Memphis?  I don't see that happening.

Agree, Memphis would be a Big East first choice, good travel partner with Louisville. Memphis also has good football and basketball teams and facilities, and could bring the Liberty Bowl. UCF has good location, but lousy football and basketball. Marshall likewise has bad basketball and is in Hicksville.

Agree, Memphis would be a Big East first choice, good travel partner with Louisville.    Memphis also has good football and basketball teams and facilities, and could bring the Liberty Bowl.  UCF has good location, but lousy football and basketball.  Marshall likewise has bad basketball and is in Hicksville.

I would not say UCF has lousy Football and B-Ball consider both of their teams have been to the NCAA's and a bowl game within the last 3-4 years, UCF I believe was in the Atlantic Sun for B-Ball upto their invite to CUSA.

UCF I believe was in the Atlantic Sun for B-Ball upto their invite to CUSA.

The Atlantic Sun is not exactly loaded with known basketball powerhouses, then neither is the SunBelt:

Lipscomb

Belmont

Florida Atlantic

Gardner-Webb

ETSU

Stetson

Kennesaw State

Campbell

Mercer

North Florida

Jacksonville

The Atlantic Sun is not exactly loaded with known basketball powerhouses, then neither is the SunBelt:

Lipscomb

Belmont

Florida Atlantic

Gardner-Webb

ETSU

Stetson

Kennesaw State

Campbell 

Mercer

North Florida

Jacksonville

Per Sagarin

#17 CUSA (UCF's current conference)

#18 Sun Belt

#29 Atlantic Sun

The Atlantic Sun used to have Troy and UCF before conference realignment.

Of course not sure we could ever win the Atlantic Sun in B-Ball but that is besides the point.

Much like us in Football you have to beat the players in your conference, whether weak or strong.

Agree, Memphis would be a Big East first choice, good travel partner with Louisville.    Memphis also has good football and basketball teams and facilities, and could bring the Liberty Bowl.  UCF has good location, but lousy football and basketball.  Marshall likewise has bad basketball and is in Hicksville.

UCF had a very good football team this year.

Wow my dream conference...... i love the texas pairings....

Three letters say this will never, ever happen in our lifetime S M U. Remember this on Sept. 9th when the arrogant horse's asses known as the 'STANGS come calling in Denton. They have thwarted us in every venue possible for decades. This our one golden opportunity to put it to them in our own house. DEMAND A WIN from DD, our AD, our team, our students ( even the horn tooting, tatooed, pierced pot heads who sit and wonder what planet they are on), and most of all DEMAND A WIN from our university leaders -Admin., BOR, dept. heads. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER HO-HUM NON-CONFERENCE GAME----THIS IS ALL OUT NO HOLDS BARRED WAR FOR METROPLX SURVIVAL. DEMAND THAT THE GAME BE TREATED AS SUCH!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Three letters say this will never, ever happen in our lifetime S  M  U. Remember this on Sept. 9th when the arrogant horse's asses known as the 'STANGS come calling in Denton. They have thwarted us in every venue possible for decades. This our one golden opportunity to put it to them in our own house. DEMAND A WIN from DD, our AD, our team, our students ( even the horn tooting, tatooed, pierced pot heads who sit and wonder what planet they are on), and most of all DEMAND A WIN from our university leaders -Admin., BOR, dept. heads. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER HO-HUM NON-CONFERENCE GAME----THIS IS ALL OUT NO HOLDS BARRED WAR FOR METROPLX SURVIVAL. DEMAND THAT THE GAME BE TREATED AS SUCH!!!!!!!!!  ohmy.gif

So why not use some "reverse psychology" on the bastards? When the 'stangs come to Denton in the fall, treat them with dignity, respect; create a wholesome, yet unforgetful college game day experience. Kill them with kindness. None of the taughting, clear the stands type of brawl that took place, so I've been told, back in 1992. We need to become SMU's friend at every turn. Smooze the SMU officials. We need to get them on our side.

But, be sure to beat the sumbitches on the football field. dry.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

1. TCU

2. UTEP

3. North Texas

4. SMU

5. Houston

6. Rice

1. Tulane

2. La tech

3. Memphis

4. USM

5. UAB

6. Tulsa

---As long as TCU is sucessful and can afford the travel, they will stay put. Rice is shakey because they are so small and may not be able to stay put. Memphis and UAB are the most likely two to go elsewhere because they usually have a great basketall program and a rather good football program. If this ever somewhat happens I expect LLU in the mix on the western side instead of some those listed and maybe Middle Tennesse on the Eastern side.. I would even settle for a league without TCU and perhaps Memphis or UAB.

---Personally I expect the Big East to split eventually... too many teams (16)... and too much talent in basketball for everyone to do well. I think it will split into two groups... those that play football and those that don't. That could cause the next round of realienment with Memphis or UAB joining some of them..

---I like the helmit logo above.... We need some consistantancy.. like Tech, UT and A&M with a similiar logo year after year. North Texas has always been in the name and I expect it always will--- thus the NT fits well. ---Please beat SMU and do repectable against UT with their unknown QB.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66