How you know it's Football offseason?

FirefightnRick

...due to nothing else interesting, sports wise on tv, you know it's Football offseason when you find yourself actually trying to figure out the new scoring system in ice skating in the Olympics.

Of course it doesn't hurt the fact that there's probably nothing more easier on the eyes than the U.S.'s Tanith Belbin to watch right now. That chic is smokin hot!

user posted image

I've enjoyed the Olympics so far. Best story to date is U.S's Ted Ligety making up 3 full seconds in the final two events of the down hill combined to win gold. I've been skiing since I was 6 but I've never snowboarded. But I'm starting to really like the new event, Snowboard Cross. It was hard to watch Lindsey Jacobelis, with a massive lead, blow it for the gold by showing off and causing her to fall. That will be talked about for years to come.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

What is the point to speed skating, really?!?!? ph34r.gif

Are you Kidding??

The answer is speed, they can average over 30 mph!!!

I agree that speed skating does little for me, but I thought the snowboarding was out of control to watch. Just the height they could get off the walls of the half pipe was amazing to me.

I dunno about the Olympics, but some of those dancing chics on "Dancing With The Stars" are pretty nice to look at.  Lotsa skin!  O.K., maybe this interests the older Mean Greeners, but some of those gals are "saucie". tongue.gif

Wow, you know I am rather fond of "saucie"! tongue.gif

I turned off "Jeopardy" to watch women's curling. There's something about the Olympics... I'd watch the US team play tiddly winks, if a medal was at stake. By the way the medals are ugly. To paraphrase Steven Colbert...

The medals are designed to represent the Piazza, a traditional gathering place in Italian cities. You know what else is traditional about Italy? The Pizza. Make the medal look like a Pizza!

It looks more like a doughnut. Suddenly I'm hungry.

I'm done with my rant.

GO USA!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

By the way the medals are ugly. 

Looks like they tied a ribbon to some old CD's they didn't want any more.

Men's curling is at 3:00pm (central) today on MSNBC against Great Britan and tomorrow (Monday) live at 7:00 am central on USA vs. Canada.

A split guarantees a men's trip to the medal round.

Of course some of us already know the result of that game against Great Britan.

I thought the best part about Snowboard Cross is that there is no clock, no judging, just simply, the first one down the hill wins.  Great stuff.

Rick

---Give me the sports that are decided by a clock..... not a bunch of judges.

---Speedskating has been my favorite but the short-track version is sort of odd. Downhill skiing looks the scariest personally, lots of speed and horrible crashes. There are a lot of winter sports that have a lot of risks due to the speed and risk of crashing. [ unbelievably, even ice dancing has turned dangerous with all the falls ] Not many of the summer Olympic sports have this much personal danger. [gymnastics maybe]

Not a sport - figure skating, ice dancing, half pipe, gymnastics.  The only discernable factor in the scoring is whether or not the competitor falls down.

Very good write-up about what is not a sport:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino200...=yhoo&type=lgns

True. It's not a sport. But it's head and twizzles better than watching the NBA AllStar game, at least it was Sunday night when Ice Dancing turned into a full contact sport. There were more drops than a rabbit cage. That Italian chic was pissssssssssed off at her partner for falling when he went to pick her up. Last night she was still pissed at him and the media kept following her around. My wife not fully knowing the situation asked, "why is she so mad at him?", I replied, "Ah, he didn't do exactly what she told him to do, probably was watching football on tv when she was trying to get her point over to him, then he fouled up later on because of it, and now he can't make her happy no matter what..." biggrin.gif

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick