NFC-AFC Championship Game

NT91

The Hawks really are getting no respect. Steelers had an impressive run with 3 big time road games, but I just can't see them winning a 4th.

The reason the Seahawks aren't getting much respect is they played a terribly weak schedule, struggled in away games, and were less than impressive against top tier teams until they played a banged up Carolina. They've had one of the easiest roads to the Super Bowl I've ever seen. So they haven't really earned a whole lot of respect at this point, IMO.

The reason the Seahawks aren't getting much respect is they played a terribly weak schedule, struggled in away games, and were less than impressive against top tier teams until they played a banged up Carolina.  They've had one of the easiest roads to the Super Bowl I've ever seen.  So they haven't really earned a whole lot of respect at this point, IMO.

The schedules are still all against NFL teams, weak or not. Any given sunday, remember? This isn't college where you can go 11-0 against I-AA's and sunbelt teams.

The schedules are still all against NFL teams, weak or not. Any given sunday, remember? This isn't college where you can go 11-0 against I-AA's and sunbelt teams.

Sorry, but the Steelers played a lot of really good teams this year, and beat them. The Seahawks had the weakest SOS this year. They were the only winning team in their division, and they played Green Bay, Tennessee, and Houston outside of the West.

It all showed in the outcome of this game.

Sorry, but the Steelers played a lot of really good teams this year, and beat them.  The Seahawks had the weakest SOS this year.  They were the only winning team in their division, and they played Green Bay, Tennessee, and Houston outside of the West. 

It all showed in the outcome of this game.

Yeah because you can still get to the Super bowl by having an easy schedule... rolleyes.gif

The fact that they beat more crappy teams this year didn't show in this game, the lack of execution did.

Dude quit being stupid. Regardless of the schedule they won 13 games with a loss to the Redskins (whom they later beat in the playoffs), and Green Bay in the last meaningless week of the season.

Pittsburgh won the superbowl on a bad offensive pass interference call, 2 missed field goals, a prayer pass, a questionable Roethlisberger TD, and a gimmick play. I would hardly call the Seattle loss due to a difference of talent on the field. It came down to a lack of execution, and the stats clearly show that.

Dude quit being stupid. Regardless of the schedule they won 13 games with a loss to the Redskins (whom they later beat in the playoffs), and Green Bay in the last meaningless week of the season.

Pittsburgh won the superbowl on a bad offensive pass interference call, 2 missed field goals, a prayer pass, a questionable Roethlisberger TD, and a gimmick play. I would hardly call the Seattle loss due to a difference of talent on the field. It came down to a lack of execution, and the stats clearly show that.

It is a FACT that Seattle had the weakest schedule in the league and played the weakest defensive teams in the NFL. They were never that impresssive this season. Seattle was a mediocre team with a favorable schedule. They woulda been 8-8 or 7-9 with a tougher schedule.

The calls are sour grapes. Both the TD and the pass interference calls were good. Besides, it wasn't the refs that converted 3rd and 28, and they didn't make Hasselbeck throw a lame duck to Ike Taylor. And as far as I know, trick plays still count.

The team that executes better IS the better team. You have to be able to make the most of opportunities. Pittsburgh did, Seattle didn't.

It is a FACT that Seattle had the weakest schedule in the league and played the weakest defensive teams in the NFL.  They were never that impresssive this season.  Seattle was a mediocre team with a favorable schedule.  They woulda been 8-8 or 7-9 with a tougher schedule.

I'm not arguing they had an easier schedule, but to say they would be a .500 team or below with the players they had is just pure ignorance. Last I recall they were a wild card team last year with about the same team & a tougher schedule. And like I said, this isn't college. Every SUPER BOWL team has to go through the same set of playoffs the other guys do. Just because Pittsburgh gave themselves a harder run isn't any fault of Seattle's. Seattle lost because they could not execute, not because they had an easy schedule which meant they couldn't be the good teams. They mauled Carolina, and handily beat the Skins without Alexander.

I think the officiating was a little off in this game too.

Rothlesburger was not in the end zone on the TD...Hasselbeck got called for an "illegal block below the knees" after his interception when he was actually making the tackle...the "push off in the endzone" that cost Seattle 6 points (maybe he did but it was a pretty ticky tacky call). Those are 3 really big calls in Pittsburgh's favor. I really can't recall any big calls that went in Seattle's favor. I am sure there were a few but not as big and glaring as those 3 I just mentioned.

And NO I am nether a Seattle fan NOR Pittsburgh hater.

blah blah blah... I thought the game was pretty lousy, save a trick play, a rothlisberger pass, and the 75 yd run play.

The lameness of that Dr Suess bit at the beginning of the game was only surpassed by the awfulness of that national anthem arrangement.

I was pretty underwhelemed from the the get-go, and my otherwise indifference was only reinforced with the lousy play on the field. Having strong foresight, and assuming this was a likely scenario, I had a cooler of miller lite on hand and it did not disappoint. Seldom does

I think the officiating was a little off in this game too.

Rothlesburger was not in the end zone on the TD...Hasselbeck got called for an "illegal block below the knees" after his interception when he was actually making the tackle...the "push off in the endzone" that cost Seattle 6 points (maybe he did but it was a pretty ticky tacky call). Those are 3 really big calls in Pittsburgh's favor. I really can't recall any big calls that went in Seattle's favor. I am sure there were a few but not as big and glaring as those 3 I just mentioned.

And NO I am nether a Seattle fan NOR Pittsburgh hater.

The ball touched the white line = Touchdown.

The ball touched the white line = Touchdown.

Line Judge initially looked like he was going to spot the ball...the SEA player hit the ball with his helmet, R's elbow and hand hit the ground before the ball touched the white line.

Plus your explination still does not account for the other two blown calls and the lack of calls against PIT.

Line Judge initially looked like he was going to spot the ball...the SEA player hit the ball with his helmet, R's elbow and hand hit the ground before the ball touched the white line.

Plus your explination still does not account for the other two blown calls and the lack of calls against PIT.

It was a tough angle to tell all of that. I only saw the replay at the time it happened, and thats how I saw it. As to the rest of the game, I had to work, and didnt get to watch it, only listen to it. And I was merely responding to your example.