Plumb missing?

meangreen11

He's still typing one of his ridiculously long posts.

shaft, we finally agree on something, my posts are ridiculously long epistles. I think the last one (now on page 2 of GMG.com on MG61's thread titled " Should Cajun official fly to Denton" ) was my longest post ever on GMG.com. Took me 3 days to correct all the spelling. It has from my understanding also pissed off a few (what else is new with that?) that I do seem to express my gut feelings about a 4 decade long passion of mine--mainly Mean Green football. Guess they'll get over all that----I always do.

And MG11/MG61/Deep Green/SilverE, thanks for the concern.

AND................Ol' Chief Quanah Parker's ghost has been seen at the Stockyards Hotel vicinity located at Fort Worths Main & Exchange where he actually stayed one night while helping Burkburnett and gang dedicate the Cowtown Coliseum early last century; but the old chief's ghost has pretty well left this Texas blue eyed devil and the part my ancestors played in the Fort Parker/Cynthia Ann Parker/Rachel Plummer/The Seachers part of this story pretty well alone. After all, ex U.S. President T.R. even recongnized that Quanah was one smart Indian! smile.gif

gmg!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

shaft, we finally agree on something, my posts are ridiculously long epistles.  I think the last one (now on page 2 of GMG.com on MG61's  thread titled " Should Cajun official fly to Denton" ) was my longest post ever on GMG.com. Took me 3 days to correct all the spelling.  It has from my understanding also pissed off a few (what else is new with that?) that I do seem to express my gut feelings about a 4 decade long passion of mine--mainly Mean Green football.  Guess they'll get over all that----I always do.

And MG11/MG61/Deep Green/SilverE, thanks for the concern. 

AND................Ol' Chief Quanah Parker's ghost has been seen at the Stockyards Hotel vicinity located at Fort Worths Main & Exchange where he actually stayed one night while helping Burkburnett and gang dedicate the Cowtown Coliseum early last century; but the old chief's ghost has pretty well left this Texas blue eyed devil and the part my ancestors played in the Fort Parker/Cynthia Ann Parker/Rachel Plummer/The Seachers part of this story pretty well alone.  After all, ex U.S.  President T.R. even recongnized that Quanah was one smart Indian! smile.gif

gmg!

I went to school with Wayne J Parker a direct decendant of Quanah Parker at Crosbyton he was a couple of years ahead of Me. During adulthood Wayne ,who was quite a collector of Indian artifacts and things related to Quanah , often spoke to various groups and classes on Indians and Quanah. Wayne passed away several years ago and at that time was a farmer in Ralls.

I also attended college with Wayne at West Texas State, where he was a hell of a football player. He played center and fMLB, we played both ways back then. His son J.Rhett now lives in the Dallas area.

buff64, thanks for that most interesting (at least to me) info on the late Wayne J. Parker. Do you know by chance what his dad's name was? I've met one of Quanah's great-great grandsons on a couple occasions over near the Fort Worth Stockyards at an Indian pow-wow and found him to be very cordial. We had some most interesting discussions to say the least.

..................................................................................................

COWBOYS VS INDIANS @ FORT PARKER IN THE EARLY 1950's.............

My late mother told me this story for years since I was about 3 years old when this event took place but we always sorta' got a little laugh out of it thru the years.

Anyway, all families who were direct descendents of those inside Fort Parker when it was attacked by about 500 Commanches and Kiowa Indians were going to have a "first ever" reunion/covered dish picnic (to be held) inside the fort back in the early 1950's. In fact, the Indian Parkers (since there were also the Caucasian Parkers in the original story) had also been (graciously) invited to this reunion although none of their descendents (of Chief Peta Nocona and his white wife, Cynthia Ann Parker) would have been inside the fort at the May 19, 1836, massacre since it was their ancestors who were doing all the massacre-ing. sad.gif

Anyway, for all those who would be able to come inside the fort for this historic reunion/picnic there were special name tags sent in advance to all elgible families. Well, long story short, one of our Plummer relatives forgot to bring all our name tags on the day of the reunion so when our group enterered the old restored fort (w/o name tags on) and put our dishes on the tables and got in line to fill our plates, many of the Indian Parkers became most visibly miffed thinking we were breaking in on "their" party! LOL! (Nevermind that their group had not only kidnapped Cynthia Ann but also my great-great grandpa's wife, Rachel Plummer and their son (& my namesake) James, back on May 19, 1836).

Well, some of our good white Parker friends assured the Indian Parkers that we were (indeed) a part of the original 1836 event and were eventually able to settle the Indian Parkers down over all this (who I presume were almost ready to go on the warpath all over again over some more blue eyed devils being on "their" land).wink.gif

So (yes in deedy) there was almost a 2'nd Massacre at Fort Parker back in the early 1950's.smile.gif My late mother could tell this story much better than I have posted it, but some of you bothering to read this at all are probably just glad that you have actually read one of my post in less than 5 minutes!

gmg!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plum, I did not know Wayne's father. If you did meet Wayne you would more than likely remember him, while in high school, he and a couple of buddies went out hunting and while crossing a barbed wire fence his gun discharged and blew off most of his nose. His wife's name was Alice and his kids are Scarlett and J. Rhett.Wayne was Quanah's great grandson.

Buff

buff64, thanks for that most interesting (at least to me) info on the late Wayne J. Parker.  Do you know by chance what his dad's name was?  I've met one of Quanah's great-great grandsons on a couple occasions over near the Fort Worth Stockyards at an Indian pow-wow and found him to be very cordial.  We had some most interesting discussions to say the least.

..................................................................................................

COWBOYS VS INDIANS @ FORT PARKER IN THE EARLY 1950's.............

My late mother told me this story for years since I was about 3 years old when this event took place but we always sorta' got a little laugh out of it thru the years.

Anyway, all families who were direct descendents of those inside Fort Parker when it was attacked by about 500 Commanches and Kiowa Indians were going to have a "first ever"  reunion/covered dish picnic (to be held) inside the fort back in the early 1950's.  In fact, the Indian Parkers (since there were also the Caucasian Parkers in the original story) had also been (graciously) invited to this reunion although none of their descendents (of Chief Peta Nocona and his white wife, Cynthia Ann Parker) would have been inside the fort at the May 19, 1836, massacre since it was their ancestors who were doing all the massacre-ing. sad.gif

Anyway, for all those who would be able to come inside the fort for this historic reunion/picnic there were special name tags sent in advance to all elgible families.  Well, long story short, one of our Plummer relatives forgot to bring all our name tags on the day of the reunion so when our group enterered the old restored fort (w/o name tags on) and put our dishes on the tables and got in line to fill our plates, many of the Indian Parkers became most visibly miffed thinking we were breaking in on "their" party!  LOL!  (Nevermind that their group had not only kidnapped Cynthia Ann but also my great-great grandpa's wife, Rachel Plummer and their son (& my namesake) James, back on May 19, 1836).

Well, some of our good white Parker friends assured the Indian Parkers that we were (indeed) a part of the original 1836 event and were eventually able to settle the Indian Parkers down over all this (who I presume were almost ready to go on the warpath all over again over some more blue eyed devils being on "their" land).wink.gif

So (yes in deedy) there was almost a 2'nd Massacre at Fort Parker back in the early 1950's.smile.gif  My late mother could tell this story much better than I have posted it, but some of you bothering to read this at all are probably just glad that you have actually read one of my post in less than 5 minutes!

gmg!