Denver sells out arena on a Monday

NT80

Denver (8-6) had 7,000+ in their game Monday vs Wyoming. This was an annual marketing attempt to sell out a specific game but what was unusual about it was the fact it was: 1.) on a weeknight, 2.) coming off a 5-game losing streak, 3.) over Christmas break, and 4.) at a commuter-school program that only averaged 1500 per game last year and usually only supports hockey.

1/2/06

Pioneers Defeat Wyoming, 69-64, In Front of Record-Breaking Crowd

Senior center Yemi Nicholson (Aurora, Colo.) tallied 22 points on 10-of-18 (.556) shooting and tallied 15 rebounds and four blocks as the University of Denver defeated Wyoming, 69-64 in front of a record-breaking crowd of 7,186 in Magness Arena, making the fourth annual PACK THE HOUSE game the first basketball sellout in Magness Arena history.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see the Athletic Department atleast attempt to try to do something like this. I would love to have them do it for Western Kentucky but they don't come here this year. You could do it for the Pan-Am game which is you know is going to be a blowout. Let people come out see the team run all over someone, maybe people would come back.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see the Athletic Department atleast attempt to try to do something like this. I would love to have them do it for Western Kentucky but they don't come here this year. You could do it for the Pan-Am game which is you know is going to be a blowout. Let people come out see the team run all over someone, maybe people would come back.

good call. lets do it.

Dont say, "we could never do that at NT" just because it hasnt been done. If we had taken that approach, we would have never gone to the NO Bowl 4 times in a row. How many people thought back in 99 we would ever go to 4 straight bowl games?

Stop selling the program short, start figuring out what we can do to make it reality!

Edited by Eagle1855

good call. lets do it.

Dont say, "we could never do that at NT" just because it hasnt been done. If we had taken that approach, we would have never gone to the NO Bowl 4 times in a row. How many people thought back in 99 we would ever go to 4 straight bowl games?

Stop selling the program short, start figuring out what we can do to make it reality!

There's enoug students at NT to sell out every game, along with the Denton community. Big crowds brings winning programs. not the other way around.

Not necessarily.  In a way it is chicken vs. egg.

Agreed. It goes both ways.

Recruits like to play in front of lively crowds. They feed off the energy and the support. They want to go places where they have that support.

Fans like to watch teams win. They open up check books when they feel like a program is heading in the right direction, or is "bearing fruit". Winning is the fruits of the labor.

Neither is mutually exclusive. We need both. The biggest thing we can do as fans is to show up.

Edited by Eagle1855

It could be done, it should be done and it has been done in the past.  All it takes is dedication, hard work and imagination.

Name someone in the athletic department who has just ONE of those traits?