Winning at home is over-rated

shaft

I like how no one on the board is talking about the game, but fixated on their own bad behavior in the stands. No wonder the coaching staff "hates" the fans, where a bunch of a**holes.

We bring banned items into the stadium. Throw things. And then act like were entitled to behave poorly. As if any of you are some how better than the security gaurds.

Why talk about the game or how UNT would have the conference lead with a win, after all its all about me acting a fool in the crowd.

I like how no one on the board is talking about the game, but fixated on their own bad behavior in the stands.  No wonder the coaching staff "hates" the fans, where a bunch of a**holes.

We bring banned items into the stadium.  Throw things.  And then act like were entitled to behave poorly.  As if any of you are some how better than the security gaurds.

Why talk about the game or how UNT would have the conference lead with a win, after all its all about me acting a fool in the crowd.

And where were you? Snug in Shreveport? Fans who have put up with this bogus regime have every right to voice their displeasure. I've been here since 1958 and never, ever have I seen such disgusting conduct from a coaching staff. It's time someone told Bobby Ray to get his act together " friend of THE MAN OR NOT" and let our A. D. (the only one with any credibility left) DO THE JOB HE WAS HIRED TO DO!!!!! mad.gif

The fans heads.

Why are you "better" than the rules? Anyone in possession of banned items should be removed the game. The frequent posters on this board a delusional, they think it’s about them and not the game.

As far as the game goes the D couldn't do squat on 3rd down the final drive. Season over.

There are proper ways to handle those situations, and they were not even close. The way they handled it incited the fans. Quite trying to defend the yellow nazis and flanny. I dont care if Rick did throw them, or what the other fans did, you have to handle those situations the right way. Once again, where were you during the game?

Edited by Rudy

The fans heads.

Why are you "better" than the rules?  Anyone in possession of banned items should be removed the game.  The frequent posters on this board a delusional, they think it’s about them and not the game.

Had the security guards stopped people from bringing in said banned items, then the FFR incident would have never happened. I'm sure fans would be very upset if they were allowed into the stadium with, for instance, BBQ sandwiches and then told once they were in the stadium to throw away their food, especially after the game had been going on for a while.

I like how no one on the board is talking about the game, but fixated on their own bad behavior in the stands.  No wonder the coaching staff "hates" the fans, where a bunch of a**holes.

We bring banned items into the stadium.  Throw things.  And then act like were entitled to behave poorly.  As if any of you are some how better than the security gaurds.

1.) Maybe we don't want to talk about the game- maybe it was that hard for us to watch. Maybe you were there, maybe you weren't, but after seeing the game come down to a 3-point loss that was in the last minutes of the game, maybe I don't want to think on it.

2.) OR- Some of us are tired about talking about losing. I know that I am. Yeah, it's odd to read about the security personnel, but they are pretty harsh. BEFORE the game, one of my friends was sitting on the handrails that look over the track. One of the security personnel gets in her face about it...which is entirely uncalled for.

3.) Why the heck are you getting so upset about what we talk about? We know its about the game, but we've seen these same security personnel get too power-happy about things like seating in both student and alumni sections (because we're somehow going to run out of seats in Fouts).

It is not so strange how many of us know each other, even with the alter egos on this board. It doesn't take a very brave person to speak their minds in secrecy. IMO you are just a puny little jerk who hasn't the guts to come out of the closet. (SORRY Cerebus, I know this will get axed but I had to say it.) You call me or any other fan (IN PARTICULARLY FFR) an a**hole, don't be such a weiner. Just tell us to our faces at the game. That is, if you actually go to the games.

It is not so strange how many of us know each other, even with the alter egos on this board. It doesn't take a very brave person to speak their minds in secrecy. IMO you are just a puny little jerk who hasn't the guts to come out of the closet. (SORRY Cerebus, I know this will get axed but I had to say it.) You call me or any other fan (IN PARTICULARLY FFR) an a**hole, don't be such a weiner. Just tell us to our faces at the game. That is, if you actually go to the games.

Very poor choice of words there....seems like this statement is what is getting RF fried on the board (as he should be).

I agree with shaft about fans bad behavior in the stands on Saturday. I posted this in another thread, but there was an older balding gentleman (though that term is probably too nice) screaming at the pressbox all during the second quarter. Even if this wasn't the same guy who yelled at RF at halftime(since I don't know SilverEagle--as he's been identified now--or what he looks like), I'm sure that contributed to RF's reaction.

Any fan that thinks that they can/should shout at ANYONE can expect to be responded to with the same level of respect that they showed. In this case, the fan was out of line (regardless of whether or not you agree with WHAT he said). RF, b/c of his position, is held to a higher standard and should be reprimanded for responding in the manner that he did....but I wouldn't be upset if the fan that did the instigating got their season tickets revoked.

Come on if all he said/shouted:

"We are being outcoached"

How is that bad??? It is alot better than dropping the F-Bomb or worse like some do. If that is the worst of it then that does not call for the type of aggressive reaction by RF, if that is what happened.

I'm trying real hard to stay out of Tortilla Gate, but bashing these particular fans seems out of whack to me. So let me add my 2 cents.

Fans have thrown tortillas for years. Like it or hate it, it's fact. If the administration wanted to change the rules they should have let the fans know in no uncertain terms that the throwing of torts will not be allowed. Just having security suddenly confront fans about torts is going to create some problems.

The admin should have been proactive in this. Say it. Repeat it. Repeat it again and again. In short: CYA!

Try this analogy: If you have been attending class and turning in assignments in blue ink, then half way through you start getting marks off b/c you aren't using black ink, you're going to be upset (of course we should all be using green ink). You have a legitimate complaint even if the syllabus says only turn in assignments in black ink.

The athletic dept. should have chosen a side on this long ago. Either embrace the "tradition" (I use that term loosley) or ban it and let it be known that it will not be tolerated! Don't just spring it on the fans. Just because we all see the draw play coming doesn't mean we are all mind readers!

For the record I'm anti tortilla tossing. Unless it's filled with fajita meat and tossed with a Shiner Bock behind it.