What's Sicker Than a 4th & Inches With A

FirefightnRick

..............Fumbling It!

I lost it at this point. We handed off 4 yards deep on a similar play at mid field at MTSU and got stuffed for a turnover. So I could not believe my eyes that in such a crucial game, at such a crucial time we were going to do it again, in the same formation, and we did. MTSU converted 3 times against us by having Marks just lean forward. Why in hell can't we do the same? Why? There is only one exchange which limits chances for a fumble. And what did we do? Hand off for a fumble. For three quarters we showed Troy who was getting the handoff on short yardage plays and they stuffed us every time. Why run it again for 6 inches? Why

I'm completely at a loss for words other than, get used to it. We only have 3 more years of it to go.

Rick

The thing that really got me was going to the exact same 3rd and long pass play exactly three plays later on...3rd and long. That play was so obvious and beautifully telegraphed by our QB that even a 5 year old flag football player could have seen that one coming. Troy's DB jumped the route and we were very lucky that that interception wasn't returned for a touchdown.

light?Ā  fast-moving train in opposite direction?Ā  blink.gif

I have faith the Alumni are not all wearing blinders and they have much higher expectations of our football team right now (look at the number of season tickets), and it looks like Dickey will continue to unravel. That combined with what I learned tonight, things like that won't be tolerated if it becomes common knowledge.