6:30 Kickoff?!?! Who Schedules this Stuff?

yyz28

...I mean... seriously. I'm going to take off work early to be there from beginning to end, but who schedules a game at 6:30 Local hoping for any sort of turnout?

Denton isn't the easiest place to get to at that hour either, I needlessly remind those of you who live in the Metroplex. I think this is nuts.

I dunno... I don't get it...

It's not complicated: if UNT gets a chance to get on national television, we do whatever the fudge ESPN2 wants us to do to get it on national television. If you're going to complain about something, complain about the game being on Tuesday, not what time it starts on Tuesday.

As for me, I'm just happy we're on national television and not playing an out of conference foe... Those games get... ugly.

I'm not complaining... I'm there dood!  I'm just saying with all the strife and difficulty we've had getting good attendance, this just doesn't help.

I think we caught a small break inasmuch that ESPN II let us kick-off this game at 6:35 PM rather than 6:00 PM. 30 minutes can make a big difference for our DFW fans who get off work at 5:00 PM and for TV viewers in a very large part of our country can have some time to eat dinner then kick back, relax and watch a college football game. I hope they get to see many, many Mean Green fans.

I've got my VCR ready (it can tape up to 8 hours on SLP), but look forward to seeing many of you at Fouts Field (in person)! cool.gif

GMG!

I've got my VCR ready (it can tape up to 8 hours on SLP), but look forward to seeing many of you at Fouts Field (in person)! cool.gif 

PMG it's 2005 buddy....one word   TIVO    biggrin.gif

In Hardliner Greggo Williams of KTCK The Ticket's best robot voice: "I do not understand the concept of TIVOl" tongue.gif

CE, I've got this 20 inch Panasonic Combo DVD/VCR TV set that I bought a few years ago at Sams that I need to get some use. biggrin.gif

TIVO will probably take its place when I eventually dump this TV, but I do get some good quality VHS tapes that I can convert to DVD's for my Mean Green DVD library from this setup. Can you do that with TIVO? (I really don't know as I haven't checked into TIVO just yet).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen