What a great atmosphere Saturday...

ipEAGLE

The MEAN GREEN VILLAGE was full of tents Saturday (the most other than Maybe HC) and had the most people since the Baylor game. It was electric in air as you walked through the parking lot into the MEAN GREEN VILLAGE as the MEAN GREEN MARCH started.... WE HAVE A DAMN GOOD GAMEDAY EXPIERENCE AT NORTH TEXAS!!!

We had 24,000 against Tulsa who only brought 300 or 400 hundred... we have came along way since I have been following the program in 2001.

Fouts looked great... everything from the new deck to the turf to the new logo flags hanging all around the stadium. What we expierenced Saturday was truly a big time college football game without 50,000 fans.

If people knew all this went on at North Texas before the games I can almost bet we would be averaging 30,000 people a game.

Lets not give up on our team... and lets get ready to pack Fouts for Troy (OCT 4) on ESPN 2!!!!!!!!

Edited by ipEAGLE

Guest JohnDenver

I agree 100%. If people could know about the atmosphere, it would bring a lot more out to the games win or lose.

I think I am going to take Oct 4th off from work so I can go tailgate in the parking lot. I know I will be all by my lonesome, but I crave ribs and I swore (for my health) that I would only eat them on gamedays! I need to take advantage of all the gamedays.

I agree completely. That’s one reason I was so disappointed about the game. The crowd was great. Flags where flying all over the parking lot. Smoke coming up everywhere. Music playing. It was just awesome. New turf looks great. Everything was perfect. Hopefully everyone had a great time and will be back. The whole day needs to be an event. Not just the 4 quarters of the game.

I agree completely.  That’s one reason I was so disappointed about the game.  The crowd was great.  Flags where flying all over the parking lot.  Smoke coming up everywhere.  Music playing.  It was just awesome.    New turf looks great.  Everything was perfect.  Hopefully everyone had a great time and will be back.  The whole day needs to be an event.  Not just the 4 quarters of the game.

Couldnt agree more with everyone... it was one of the best gameday atmospheres I have ever experienced at NT... alot of people I talked to said the same thing. Truly was a blast, well, until the game began.

I really hope attendance wont take a huge dive after this game, though I feel it inevitably will. Best way to get fans in the seats is to win games. And we have a chance to do that again next weekend. Unfortunately, this was the one game I thought we would win OOC.

Attendance for the Troy game will have alot to do with how well the University promotes this game. And after this set back, its an even larger uphill battle. This loss is a big blow to morale. Usually our blow outs are away.

Also I have one ticket in the D section I will be unable to use for the Troy game (as I now live in Houston), so if anyone needs one, please send me a message.

I think I am going to take Oct 4th off from work so I can go tailgate in the parking lot. I know I will be all by my lonesome, but I crave ribs and I swore (for my health) that I would only eat them on gamedays!  I need to take advantage of all the gamedays.

There will be at least 2 of us there. I'm taking off around noon to get up there, get set up and get "primed" for our nationally televised game ! Now is NOT the time to jump ship ! We need to rally the troops and get everyone out to this game. The Athletic Dept. needs to start (since we know nothing has been done as of yet ) promoting the hell out of this game ! I still "Believe in the MEAN GREEN !" biggrin.gif

I had a blast at the tailgate as did the group of people that I brought with me. They were mostly people who don't come to games often or were first timers. They all commented about how great our gameday atmosphere is and how they wanted to come out to more games (this was after we had been destroyed by Tulsa)...so thats encouraging at least. The Gameday experience is so night and day from when I first came to school in 98'...I truly believe that this part of the experience sticks in new fans minds (almost as much as quality wins).

There will be at least 2 of us there. I'm taking off around noon to get up there, get set up and get "primed" for our nationally televised game ! Now is NOT the time to jump ship ! We need to rally the troops and get everyone out to this game. The Athletic Dept. needs to start (since we know nothing has been done as of yet ) promoting the hell out of this game !  I still "Believe in the MEAN GREEN !"  biggrin.gif

You can count an ADDITIONAL two in here as well because I know that I will be leaving work early and my husband is off that day. biggrin.gif

AMEN...it felt like it should have felt a few years ago...My only fear is that the blowout will reduce the amount of fans for upcoming games.  I dont want to say it, but I will be surprised if there is 15,000 at the Troy game...I hope I'm wrong, actually pray I'm wrong, but I just dont see the draw...

The game Saturday was indeed a HUGE disappoinment however one game does not a season make. IF (and granted it's a big if) we march in to manhatten and beat K-state, Tulsa will be forgotten and the game with Troy will have a large turnout. Lose big to k-state and Fouts may be a very lonely place to be on Oct 4.

Good posts.

Every time I meet up with someone who has been away for awhile say the same exact thing: "What a great game day experience!" or, "where did all the people come from?"

I met up with some guests from Fort Worth who were first timers to Mean Green football. As soon as I got there a camera crew comes right up and starts to interview us. Their first question was: "What do you think of all the game day festivities". I responded with a couple of things about how it didn't used to be like this, that it was not allowed in the past, which led up to what I wanted to say and that was when I got my "Thank you RV" remark in there because truly, without Rick none of it would have been possible, festivities wise.

Rick

I had a blast, pre game and post game and during the game. Great atmosphere, I will be back. Im not sure about the tuesday night game though. Gotta come from Fort Worth.

I dont expect a good attendence against troy. I went to the TCU/ Utah Game on a thursday night and the best they could get was 25,000. But If we play it right with the area maybe we could get 20,000.

Create a good atmosphere and fans will keep coming back. Losses wil eventually get people down, but if people have a fun time, they'll be back. I guess it's something to stay positive about, but it sounds like a good time was had by most people pre-gaming. I'm very happy to hear that.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Keep working hard. It's a long season.