What was the attendance?

El Paso Eagle

Probably closer to 24,000 if you get everyone's butt inside Fouts. sad.gif I think it was probably closely and accurately announced at 23,000 plus fans.

QUESTION: Would last night have been our largest student support in NT football history? They were sitting in the end zones, too. Also, didn't that brighter shade of green look good on many of those NT students? Guess what? That will also show up quite well when we get national TV covergage against Troy.

Also, the Green Brigade unis' looked black from our vantage point on the press box side, although I reallyn still liked their new unis'. AND, gee-willakers, did we have over 400 in the 2005 version of the NT marching band, ie, the Green Brigade last night? ohmy.gif

One from Weatherford who sat in one of my seats arrived in the 2'nd quarter due to traffice and parking, said as he came toward Fouts that there were very, very many still outside the stadium and even said he almost turned around after he had to walk about 1/4 a mile in the almost 100 degree heat. He said it looked like some were choosing to do just that.

Amazingly, the almost 100 degree (on freakin' September 17'th for crissakes? wink.gif weather near kick-off was also not our ally, either. Many elderly types cannot sit in that kind of heat. But its like Rosanna Danna used to say: "It's always something..." blink.gif

I guess most of us were just as sick (disappointed) for all the 1'st Timers of which some may very well become "last timers" after last night's performance. We know its still the Metroplex where the most fickle college football fans in the USA reside. FWIW, TCU only had 2 more thousand fans than we did and we outdrew SMU in their home season opener against their local rival--TCU.

Yet, we've had a pretty decent Mean Green product the last few years that would have fared quite well against such teams like Tulsa. Sorry, but I don't think that Tulsa team beats the Scott Hall, Brandon Kennedy, Cody Spencer, Brad Kassell era Mean Green football team, although with what they did with OU, you still have to give them their due.

Wasn't last night in MG Country just one of the all time downers for us all? I know our MG football team are as sick about this as anyone; but we seem to have had an uncanny propensity to get a pretty decent home season opening crowd in recent years and then give those many, many new fans/new faces every reason in the world to consider not coming back for the next game. Yes, they are fair weather fans, but oh well, at least we know we'll be there when we tee it up against the Troy U Trojans. smile.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Attendance question --

I think I know the answer, but isn't the seating capacity broken down as 10,000 seats on each side of the field and 10,000 seats in the metal end zone bleachers? Or can more people fit "between the lines"? If each side can hold more than 10,000 that probably explains how we hit over 23,000 in attendance.

I sit to the right of the section where the recruits sit.  At the start of the game the Talon who was running the NT Battle Flag was having problems with it and I couldn't get his attention to come down in front of our section to help him with it, so I went down to the railing in front of my section and crossed over to the left two sections, including the recruit section to get to him and repair the flag pole.  I did and tracked the same way back to my seat.

Right as I sit down a nice Eagle Angel comes over to me in front of my 4 year old and everyone within ear shot and explains to me that, due to NCAA rules, alumni are not allowed near any recruits who are visiting and asked if I not come into that section again.  I know this rule, it's been explained here before but the look on everyone's face in my section was priceless to say the least over the shear dedication our Eagle Angels have to do their job, and the even more stupidity as to why it is they(the recruits) are allowed to sit in the middle of a very crowded alumni section to begin with if it's such a danger to bring problems...rule wise?

For fear of getting North Texas placed on probation and myself getting thrown into jail I didn't have the guts to tell her that a couple of them rubbed past us as they made it down the crowded stairs to their seats at the beginning of the game.

Rick

My girlfriend ran into this:

Thanks for joining the Mean Green Club...............please enjoy this flag.

10 minutes later when being seated: What the heck are you doing with that flag...........give it here!!

Luckily the security lady seemed to understand (eventually) that it wouldn't be used as a weapon or anything like that. Around 4th and 55 though I probably could have.

Edited by Zeke

Our on-field performance* is inversely proportional to:

A.) Attendance

B.) Media Attention

C.) Opportunity Quotient

D.) Opponent Conference Affiliation (Sun Belt vs. OOC)

E.) All of the Above

Keith

*2003 Baylor game is considered a statistical outlier.

Edited by keith

I dont want to say anything bad about the Angels, cause there are some pretty sweet ones I was talking to during the game, so I'll just keep my opinion of the organization and what they are rumored to do to, um encourage recruits to myself.  but I do find it odd how its only females that go out and talk to recruits. dry.gif  ph34r.gif

and it's ignorant people like you who encourage those "rumors" dry.gif