One more .. can't believe

Guest JohnDenver

What as dumb move by the Aggies staff. In the fianl quarter, if you arre leading by only one, what good is a one point conversion... so you can lead by two!!!...BIG DEAL. What is the difference... as demonstrated... a field beats either one even if you make it.

Option two go for two.. if you make it a field goal only ties, not wins... if you miss no big deal you are still winning by one instead of two that a kicked point would get. Aggies!!!!! duh!!!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

But see at least Clemson didn't tie it on a safety! laugh.gif Big day for the Clemson kicker though. Definitely came back to haunt A&M.

This was a tough choice. I hate Clemson and A&M. However, I pulled for Clemson as an ACC member with UVA, who by the way stank it up today against lowly Western Michigan but managed to struggle through for a win. Could be bad when it comes to the conference foes.

OK speaking of conference foes I saw MTSU among my dizzying array of games with the GamePlan and regular coverage. It looks like they made it out of Tuscaloosa beaten but relatively unscathed. I think there will be some things to learn from the film about getting the running game going on the outside. On the other side, we better find a way to get back to that QB Marks early, often and in numbers. A really aggressive pass rush is in order. Of course, I've said that before at times when it didn't show up. Hopefully it will show up next week.

I dont understand why so many people were putting stock into the USC vs. Hawaii game. Its freaking Hawaii... I mean come on... They lost to FAU last year... I saw a promo for the game that was saying "come see as USC begins their title run..." Ok, if this wasnt a blow out, then something is wrong. I mean, its freaking Hawaii... Ok, my random tirade is over. Just wanted to get that out of my system... Whew.... Much better...

But see at least Clemson didn't tie it on a safety!  laugh.gif  Big day for the Clemson kicker though. Definitely came back to haunt A&M.

This was a tough choice. I hate Clemson and A&M. However, I pulled for Clemson as an ACC member with UVA, who by the way stank it up today against lowly Western Michigan but managed to struggle through for a win. Could be bad when it comes to the conference foes.

OK speaking of conference foes I saw MTSU among my dizzying array of games with the GamePlan and regular coverage. It looks like they made it out of Tuscaloosa beaten but relatively unscathed. I think there will be some things to learn from the film about getting the running game going on the outside. On the other side, we better find a way to get back to that QB Marks early, often and in numbers. A really aggressive pass rush is in order. Of course, I've said that before at times when it didn't show up. Hopefully it will show up next week.

Agree with your statement about MT QB Marks.

We have one particular defensive end at NT that one college FB magazine predicted would be SBC Newcomer of the Year ie, Willie Ransom; so I guess we need WR to step up to the plate in his very first game in a Mean Green uni', eh? As DD said for the postponed LSU game, "some of our players are going to have to grow up quick." I believe that still stands for the MUTS game.

I think the NT/MT game will be a barn-burner. May be the last team who scores wins the game. If this game were played after this Mean Green team had more time to jell, I don't think MT has a prayer, but then again, SBC office football schedulers probably had that in mind, too. Making an excuse with that? unsure.gif Hardly not, it's just my opinion on the subject since everyone and their dogs know NT traditionally gets out of the starting blocks somewhat slow since we've been in the SBC.

For those of you in the North Texas (DFW) Metroplex, this game will be televised on KFWD (Ch 52) this Saturday at 6:00 PM (CST). That station should get some good ratings even if UT/Ohio St. are playing at the same time. Why? How about our Metroplex NT constituency:

NT Enrollment..........32,000+ this Fall

City of Denton........ 100,000

Denton County........ 560,000 (about the same as New Orleans population**)

DFW NT EXes...........100,000

** Greater New Orleans may well be close to 1,000,000 but I believe their city limits population is about the same as Denton County's.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just came on the board. Two observations:

a) Why is it ever good for another Texas team (other than SMU) to lose?

cool.gif why would anyone ever insert an emoticon into their post?

a. I am with you, I am a fourth generation Texan, and wish all Texas teams (except SMU), good luck. Some of them have "some" fans I am not real fond of at times but their universites officials don't trash North Texas in the newspaper nor have they led votes against us, ignored our existence, or taken actions to "keep us in our place"...... SMU has done those multiple times and still do when possible. I suspect the only reason they have put us on their athletic schedule is "pure money" .... we will help fill their stadium and "help them" out financially..... not for any other decent reason.

--I do understand rooting for Belt teams against other Texas teams because that helps the reputation of our conference which helps us.

b. Why not..? Some are funny and emphasize a point.

Editorial: Fran is an idiot for going for 1 pt with a one point lead in the 4th Q.... He lost the game, his team didn't. Good coaches think possible situations through ahead of time. What good is a 2-point lead at that point ... a FG was much more likely than both teams scoring again which could make the one point worth something...... really dumb. One point is the about the same as 2 points and 4 pts is as good as 5 pts....in Q-4. You go for two when you have a 1 or 4 point lead..!

[forget this advise when playing TxTech, unless in the final min. another 5 TD are possible]

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66