For $4 Million, UT Built Longhorn Marching Band An

PlummMeanGreen

blink.gif

Of course, it was primarily built for Mack Brown's Texas Longhorn's football progarm. Also, other than the UT football team, the Longhorn Marching Band uses it as well as summer camps and other general student groups. smile.gif

Mack Brown said that in one football season that his Longhorn football team had 20 football practices affected by inclement weather. 20 lost practices seems like a whole bunch to me.

There is a nice link on this and one of you might want to Google it, find it and link it (if you have time, that is).

UT's air-filled "Bubble" is 125 yards long X 62 yards in width and 55 feet high.

Quite frankly, I am surprised the Tea-sips got that facility for only $4 million. Obviously, it is also air conditioned and heated.

The reason that it was ONLY 4 million is because it nothing more then an air bubble.  It has no exterier walls of any substance and no roof of substance, its basically just a big tent that has been inflated.

Now am i saying that its not nice, or that i would object to us getting one. NO!!!

Maybe we are talking about 2 different bubbles, because the one I read about at UT had HVAC in it which would obviously need to be enclosed. UT's has the artificial turf field in it, too, so I don't know if the turf was part of the $4 million cost or not. (Where is Reb UT 70 when we need him)?

Certainly, this is a facility that is on our wishlist at NT. I think it was cool that the UT Longhorn Band also used UT's Bubble. Hey! NT College of Music officials! It "ONLY" costs $4 million! smile.gif Wanna' go "half'ies"?!?!? smile.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Maybe we are talking about 2 different bubbles, because the one I read about at UT had HVAC in it which would obviously need to be enclosed.  UT's has the artificial turf field in it, too, so I don't know if the turf was part of the $4 million cost or not.  (Where is Reb UT 70 when we need him)?

Certainly, this is a facility that is on our wishlist at NT.  I think it was cool that the UT Longhorn Band also used UT's Bubble.  Hey!  NT College of Music officials!  It "ONLY" costs $4 million! smile.gif  Wanna' go "half'ies"?!?!? smile.gif

GMG!

No were talking about the same bubble, it is enclosed. Its also heated and airconditiond. What i was trying to say is that they kept the cost down becuase it is nothing more then just a bubble. There is nothing permanant to it. If they wanted to they could just trun off the vacum and it would deflate just like a balloon.

No were talking about the same bubble, it is enclosed.  Its also heated and airconditiond.  What i was trying to say is that they kept the cost down becuase it is nothing more then just a bubble.  There is nothing permanant to it.  If they wanted to they could just trun off the vacum and it would deflate just like a balloon.

Now that would be a sight to behold! Instead of an implosion, you'd have a balloon on the loose making farting noises all over UT's Forty Acres! laugh.gif

Texas A & M's Coach Fran gave his employer $1 million toward their new $9 million indoor practice facility. (Of course, he has a $2 million annual salary).

From the "Believe it or Not" department, TAMU officials once proposed an $80 million super indoor facility but it died for lack of a 2'nd. What could NT do with $80 million? rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen