Does Julius Jone remind anyone of somebody around here?  A guy who comes in and revamps his team's offense with his explosive speed?

Rick

I have thought they are very similar Rick. Over the past year, someone here has constantly compared Cobbs to Emmitt Smith, a comparison that I didn't think was even close. I do think that Jones and Jamario do play similar though.

Does Julius Jone remind anyone of somebody around here?  A guy who comes in and revamps his team's offense with his explosive speed?

Rick

Jamario reminds me more of Eric Dickerson with the straight up style and running out of tackles. I actually looked for that comparison with Jones last night, and, while they're both explosive, there's no doubt that Thomas has the more straight up style with a little more power.

It was a great game, very entertaining.

Julius Jones is freakin' awesome...I wish we would have had him all season.

We STILL have QB issues. I don't want to rain on the parade, but we were up by 15 in the 4th quarter and let them come back. A lot of that had to do with interceptions (where was he looking?).

I still give the Boys props for keeping it together and coming back and getting the win. I'll take any win this season, and this one felt especially good.

The refs blew the Rice TD, he put his hand on the defenders helmet, then shoved him away as the ball arrived. The refs saw it, threw the flag, realized it was Jerry Rice and called it on the Cowboy nobody has heard of. It was the NBA star system at work in the NFL. Keyshawn may not have been in-bounds, but Rice pushed off and got away with it, it all evened out. I'm just trying to figure out who Al Michaels had money on last night, he pulled excuses out of nowhere for the Rice TD and flags, but was clearly upset the Keyshawn TD wasn't reviewed. He practically openly rooted for the Redskins earlier in the year. I wonder if he just bets on the other team or doesn't like Jerry or Bill.

Vinny did his best to give it away, but was able to take the gift right back from the Seahawks and pull it back out.

Edited by Coach

I'm just trying to figure out who Al Michaels had money on last night, he pulled excuses out of nowhere for the Rice TD and flags, but was clearly upset the Keyshawn TD wasn't reviewed.  He practically openly rooted for the Redskins earlier in the year.

I like how Al wanted the Seahawks to call for a fair catch on a ball that had already bounced (during the onside kick). laugh.gif

Oh the KJ td, it could also have been called that KJ would have come down in bounds, but was pushed out. You also could have thrown the flag for dfensive pass intereference becuase there was contact, and Im pretty sure the defender did not look back to the ball.

Whatever, Im just glad to see that Johnson finally earnd a paycheck.

I think Keyshawn has been doing a good job this year both catching and blocking. During that stretch where the offense was just horrendous, he was one of the few guys still executing. You can hate his attitude off the field all you want, but he goes balls out on it and does all the little things that 99% of the star wideouts won't do.

Keyshawn...his attitude can totally suck sometimes and sometimes I think he doesn't try hard out of pissiness.

When he came here...I really thought he was just going to lay down and collect his money...but he's proved me wrong. Time and time again, he's come through with the big play and hasn't been the 'me' player I thought he would be.

Yeah, his TD celebration makes all the silly antics from Owens look childish and unproffesional...not that it is a difficult thing to do.

I've talked about this before I think, but it is worth mentioning again. Keyshawn's image versus what he does on the field could not be more opposite. He is portrayed as selfish and greedy, mainly to a very badly titled book early in his career and a few comments he made to people over the years. The Gruden thing is hard to place soley on his shoulders because it wasn't like he was the only one having problems with him, several players and even the GM bolted as soon as they could. So with that image, you would think he takes plays off, doesn't put forth effort in blocking, doesn't like to get hit, but it is the opposite. He goes over the middle, takes the licks, does a great job blocking down on ends and backers (there was one play this year where he pushed an end past where the center was), and hustles and makes downfield blocks on the secondary. Just let me know the next time you see Owens, Moss, or Harrison going after a defensive end just as ferociously as a fullback would. It ain't gonna happen. I just think it's ironic in that the image he has built is not like the way he plays football at all.

Also, like I said, even when this team was at it's worst on offense, he would be one of the very few guys (along with the greatness of Jason Witten) that were still making plays and going hard.

I just haven't seen that much from KJ, regardless of his attitude. I have seen too many pics this year, where he did not do everything he could to catch the ball, or keep the defender from making the pic. Im not saying that some of the pics weren't Vinny's fault, but I think more have been Johnson's fault. He has also dropped quite a few that he should have caught. Did anyone see the play where the Seahawk made the catch on the outside hook route, then get clobbered but hold the ball. Does anyone think KJ makes that catch?

Side note, did anyone see the highlight from 3-4 weeks ago of the 49er reciever coming across the middle, but acutally duck his head when the ball cam to him? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif