Transparency?

She's full of shit. 

What information did you want? Did you want CJ and yourself to have the ability to dictate to the coaching staff CJ's shot count, minutes played, and future money given? That's not how any of this works. And if UNM IS telling you that's how it works then they're lying. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

She makes it sound like CJ felt Coach Hodge was not 100%-honest (transparent) with him.   

I can't imagine that being the case, as Coach Hodge seems to be very up front & open with his players.

Overprotective Parent Speak translation - My son should have been the center of Coach Hodge's universe. He should have had all plays run through him and had a say in all team activities. After all, my son is great!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Overprotective Parent Speak translation - My son should have been the center of Coach Hodge's universe. He should have had all plays run through him and had a say in all team activities. After all, my son is great!

Well, he was certainly in line to be that guy this coming season.

Maybe it was a reference to our NIL offer? Maybe we were offering a certain % of donations and he wanted a firm dollar amount?

The NIL negotiations going on right now are bananas: it is a new thing, the market is hidden, rumors, unregulated, lots of shady middle men, people who have never negotiated anything in their life… Probably lots of lessons being learned on all sides.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Maybe it was a reference to our NIL offer? Maybe we were offering a certain % of donations and he wanted a firm dollar amount?

The NIL negotiations going on right now are bananas: it is a new thing, the market is hidden, rumors, unregulated, lots of shady middle men, people who have never negotiated anything in their life… Probably lots of lessons being learned on all sides.

No shortage of “NIL Certified Agents” tricking these families when such thing doesn’t exist. 

• Lovely Take 1