East Carolina (3/3/24)

CMJ

As I've harped on a lot already, I'll take the 7 seed with its 6 p.m. tournament game starts on Thursday and Friday. Right now, we'd play #10 Tulsa in the second round (first game).

Last weekend home game of the regular season... everyone #GetToThePit and bring a friend!!

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

As I've harped on a lot already, I'll take the 7 seed with its 6 p.m. tournament game starts on Thursday and Friday. Right now, we'd play #10 Tulsa in the second round (first game).

Last weekend home game of the regular season... everyone #GetToThePit and bring a friend!!

It's not about what you want! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Biggest game of the season. It separates the team from .500 and into the realm of respectability. It basically cements a seeding at the conference tourney. And it's the last home game before spring break, I believe. A big turnout would be nice. 

Check that, we get FAU at home. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Biggest game of the season. It separates the team from .500 and into the realm of respectability. It basically cements a seeding at the conference tourney. And it's the last home game before spring break, I believe. A big turnout would be nice. 

Bro...what do you even know about UNT basketball? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

56 minutes ago, CMJ said:

That's a tough one to know who to root for to be honest.  Losses by either team could help us.

It would be better for us if East Carolina won against Memphis and then we beat them on Sunday. We would catch up with Memphis. We would have the tie breaker with both schools. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Or a loss by ECU would give us cushion should we lost to ECU in the rematch.  Like i said, both results could benefit us.

Yeah, this one worries me. They might have had it circled on the calendar since last time when their coach punched the wall.

• Haha 2

What I like about staying put as the 7 seed besides the tournament game start times is right now we'd be facing Tulsa. We only played and beat them once. The natural anger and motivation to beat us would not be as strong in my opinion as a team who we've played and beaten twice like a Tulane and possibly ECU. The 6 seed would currently face the winner of Tulane/UTSA.

The one benefit of being the 6 seed is if we beat Tulane/UTSA is that right now we'd play No. 3 Charlotte instead of the No. 2 FAU in the quarterfinal like the 7 seed would. Charlotte and FAU have the same conference record but Charlotte's been trending downwards lately and I would give more confidence in FAU to claim the second seed.

The longer we can go before facing FAU, Memphis, and UAB the better. The thought of playing SMU also makes me nervous naturally although I know with a good start time we could triple their turnout.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The longer we can go before facing FAU, Memphis, and UAB the better. The thought of playing SMU also makes me nervous naturally although I know with a good start time we could triple their turnout.

You won't have to worry about any $mut turnout at Dickies Arena in the AAC Tourney...

_AH47179.JPG

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Some good news on the attendance front: it looks like the storm that was previously being forecasted for Sunday has cleared up.

How’s the pollen in the air looking ?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There will be a lot of fans, I have no doubt about that. It's an important game. And I think there's every chance to win it.

Hello, everyone!

• Upvote 7