Though it may be hard to believe

emmitt01

They are both true. If it was me, I am replacing Caponi and Jon Cooper. The defense moved to last in the FBS and the Offensive Line seriously underperformed considering we only lost one guy from last years starting O-line. With a little better protection, I feel Rogers would be the top QB in the conference and one of the best in the nation. The defense, there are just no words for how bad they were.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Venson said:

They are both true. If it was me, I am replacing Caponi and Jon Cooper. The defense moved to last in the FBS and the Offensive Line seriously underperformed considering we only lost one guy from last years starting O-line. With a little better protection, I feel Rogers would be the top QB in the conference and one of the best in the nation. The defense, there are just no words for how bad they were.

The offensive line struggles are not being talked about enough. We allowed 11 sacks last year. We've allowed 25 so far this year. If Rogers had gone elsewhere or we were still playing Earle, we may be winless.

• Upvote 5

Yes!!! I agree completely regarding the OL. We were pre-ranked in the top 20 of FBS by some publication, then the season happened. We just can’t have nice things.

We had a transfer from a P5 school (Georgia Tech) in Pauli V who, if I’m not mistaken, started or played a lot for them. But, he can’t sniff the field here with this soft OL group? Is this the Chandler Rogers mistake for the OL? Are we even playing our best five? The mirror is there for even the coaches to look at…not just the players. 

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

It is possible for these two things to be simultaneously true

1) Seth Littrell had plateaued and was taking us no further

AND

2) Eric Morris has underperformed and has us nowhere close to where we should be defensively 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

I guess I will accept this to be true.