If we beat smu

EAGLE83

7 hours ago, akriesman said:

SMU -16.5 ?

I can see SMU going up by 3 or 4 TD's and our offense making some catchup in garbage time.

Not a bet that I would touch.

SMU had several guys injured in the Rice game, plus, would Stone be 100% even if he's cleared to play? With our offense, I wouldn't touch that bet either and factor in, SMU could be looking ahead to the showdown at Memphis next week.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

I think we’ve beaten them there since then.

We won In Irving at Texas Stadium in 1977. We won in Denton in 1990, 2006, 2014, and 2018. The 7-0 Victory in 1933 is the one and only time we’ve ever won at their place.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

It's next year because we pissed away most of our opportunities this year.

FIU, Navy, Tulane, Memphis, and UTSA= opportunities pissed away

If we want to go to a bowl game, we have to beat SMU, Tulsa, and UAB. We don't have the defense to beat SMU, and our offense can never seem to get it together until the 2nd half. I didn't expect this year to be a rebuild but here we are. Another wasted year of going to Denton each month sitting in an empty stadium with the same disappointing results. Things have to change next year or the football program is going to start losing some of the diehards. It's pretty damn apparent that this is happening by the lack of attendance this year. I'm not sure if it's the case of Monday, shitty losses by this team and the Cowboys or what, but it's irritating.

My rant is over with. One positive thing to note, basketball starts tomorrow.

word!

• Upvote 2

On YouTube you can watch their coaches presser from yesterday. Their number one deep threat receiver, tore his ACL at Rice, one of their starting offensive lineman is injured and the number one offensive lineman backup, will not play because of concussion protocol. Who knows what is going to happen with young Preston Stone, as of yesterday, he has not passed concussion protocol. Even if he does play, he has not taken any reps this week, his backup, has never started a game. They are also missing a defensive back this weekend. The field has been severely leveled, they are wounded coming into this game. If we do not at least,  take this game down to the wire, I will be extremely disappointed. Besides tying SMU players hands behind their back, I don't know what else we can ask for.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1