Uniforms vs Tulane

GMG_Dallas

On 10/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

Not to my knowledge. From the Texas vs Wyoming game earlier this year:

image.png.46d458c1b4dd0e14cd227c234e3c769b.png

It's sad when, Wyoming, the ugliest uniforms in college football due to their brown and yellow colors, consistently look better than our school because we allow feckless dolts to select what we wear each week.

This would never happen at a real athletics department.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

It's sad when, Wyoming, the ugliest uniforms in college football due to their brown and yellow colors, consistently look better than our school because we allow feckless dolts to select what we wear each week.

This would never happen at a real athletics department.

I don't mind Wyoming's uniforms.  I think the old west style lettering is a nice touch.

• Upvote 2

On 10/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

So freaking tired of hearing the athletic department talk about branding for the Mean Green when they keep putting teams out in black (and the grey that is even worse)

Yes, either they should stop talking about branding or STOP putting the team in Black in games in conference or against P5 teams.  It is like a team talking about focusing on getting pressure on the QB rushing 3 at him 80% of defensive snaps.  (I would much rather them do both and just have so logical branding decisions)

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, keith said:

Wasn't there a rule change a few years ago that required the pants to cover the knee (with padding) or did I dream that?  If so, what happened to it?  Seems like the pants in college football are on their way to becoming shorts.

I was told that the pants are checked at the start of the game and validated.  After k/o, no other testing is done (or penalties applied).  This type of action epitomizes the 21st century.

I have similar questions about the mouthpiece rule.  Pros started getting away with not wearing them and it trickled down to NCAA over the past 10-15 years.

Edited by meaniegreenie

Just change the helmet and I liked black when it was a novelty. I lived the Helwig years where Cooper and Navy made its way into our look. I feel black is doing the same thing. Becoming our dominant color like Texas Tech.  Even our score line looked bizarre in black. Now when they showed the green SOW on white cutting to commercials, that’s our look. The helmet is terrible for tv. 

But another entertaining loss. Proud of the boys today. The worm will turn and we’ll start winning these games. Can’t go into 21-0 holes. 

Beat Memphis 

GMG

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Just change the helmet and I liked black when it was a novelty. I lived the Helwig years where Cooper and Navy made its way into our look. I feel black is doing the same thing. Becoming our dominant color like Texas Tech.  Even our score line looked bizarre in black. Now when they showed the green SOW on white cutting to commercials, that’s our look. The helmet is terrible for tv. 

But another entertaining loss. Proud of the boys today. The worm will turn and we’ll start winning these games. Can’t go into 21-0 holes. 

Beat Memphis 

GMG

I had this this same thought today.  Either wear green or stop being the Mean Green and just be the Eagles.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, NT91 said:

I like the outline of Texas, but make it white with a green SOW. You can’t see the green Texas on a black helmet. 

I keep hearing this but the helmets looked amazing on my tv last night. You can’t really see any logo of any team in wide shots but in the closer shots the helmets looked great and the green really popped. 
Not trying to be smug, but how old is your TV? Could be part of it?

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1