The key to victory today...

Hunter Green

IMHO, defensively don't play them straight up. Stack the line of scrimmage, using primarily a four man front, and STOP THE RUN. Make them beat us by throwing the ball. Keep their O line tied up, take away the pitch man, and then punish the QB when he runs. 

That's what I would do. For what it's worth.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

Sounds like a good plan. I hope the technique is better today. I don’t care what kind of front you run, if running backs are not getting stopped till the 3rd or 4th man making contact you are going to give up big yardage. 

This is 100% correct.  With proper technique the number of down linemen doesn’t matter.  Having the ability to move an extra guy around actually helps in most situations.  Watch Big 12 defenses do this well.  Just sticking another hand in the dirt isn’t the magic elixir so many on this board think it is.  It’s technique.  Attacking blockers and jamming up assignments.  We’ve just been pushed around and out of position. This is a great post that needed to be said! 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1