Meanwhile in Waco

emmitt01

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I remember a recent thread about who should replace SMU in the AAC when they leave…and some looked down their noses as Texas State as an option.  

They’re currently up 42-24 at Baylor…maybe we should reserve our disdain until we are capable of beating them??

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I remember a recent thread about who should replace SMU in the AAC when they leave…and some looked down their noses as Texas State as an option.  

They’re currently up 42-24 at Baylor…maybe we should reserve our disdain until we are capable of beating them??

It's because college sports fans are insecure and are afraid they'll be left behind.  I think they make a ton of sense

This Baylor loss vs TX State could be a blessing in disguise for UNT. Baylor fans are quickly souring on Dave Aranda. Many think his early success was due to Matt Rhule’s players and he’s now on thin ice. Baylor’s schedule doesn’t get any easier and if things continue to go south, Aranda will be fired. Jeff Traylor being poached by Baylor is a real possibility. You heard it here first. #TraylorToBaylor

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, C Rod said:

This Baylor loss vs TX State could be a blessing in disguise for UNT. Baylor fans are quickly souring on Dave Aranda. Many think his early success was due to Matt Rhule’s players and he’s now on thin ice. Baylor’s schedule doesn’t get any easier and if things continue to go south, Aranda will be fired. Jeff Traylor being poached by Baylor is a real possibility. You heard it here first. #TraylorToBaylor

I was hoping Traylor would flop and UTSA would be locked into a floundering program for ten years. That obviously hasn’t happened and Traylor to Baylor is a very real possibility.

If this happens, it would be textbook perfect for UTSA. 

They’d get a massive buyout due to Traylor’s high salary and multi-year contract. They’d have plenty in the bank to go get a solid new coaching staff and keep the momentum rolling. 

This is what we’ve aspired to do…almost did it with Seth going to K-State…but have never managed to do. All of our HC hires have come on the heels of a firing and buy-out. 

26 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

If this happens, it would be textbook perfect for UTSA.

It isn't perfect because the next coach might not be able to keep the train rolling.

As someone who enjoys every UTSA loss, I'd rather see them roll the dice with a Traylor replacement than watch him continue to deny me joy. The dude can coach.

• Thanks 1