****OFFICIAL CAL va. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Our defensive philosophy is bad. 

Atrocious so far. First 2 seasons of dodge era bad.  Hopefully an anomaly.  I know Ott is good, but we are making him look heisman level good.  

I thought I quoted the comment about our tackling.  

Edited by untlynchka1

4 minutes ago, ghost_of_darrell_dickey said:

It's a shame too cause they're getting to them. Just the first two guys miss. 

Sure,  but not really getting to him. The stack relies too much on angles and tackling in space. Not penetration and containment. Tackling in space is the most difficult thing to do in space and we're asking linebackers (mostly under recruited ones) to tackle in space over and over. Oh, and tuddy UNT!!!! 59 yds. Maclin has got it and Stone might not be too shabby!

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

They're so much bigger up front than we are it should be expected unfortunately. Rod Brown doing his best but he's one dude and he's taking on at least 2 guys each play.

Hopefully, we can recruit some bigger bodies if not, this formation will always struggle. 

1 minute ago, meangreenacct said:

Just going to throw this out there...definitely surprised by some of these throws by Earle. Hitting Maclin in stride as opposed to him having to stop for the ball is huge.

As of now, Stone is showing much better arm strength and accuracy than Aune, even in those intermediate dig type routes. 

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Hopefully, we can recruit some bigger bodies if not, this formation will always struggle. 

We can't recruit better than what we have. According to our national televised commentators, we are UNT and we are never going to get the pick of the litter. Lovely. Reminds me of @emmitt01 signature quote. 

• Eye Roll 1