Stone Earle Named Starter

TheReal_jayD

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Question - Did Rogers come in as a Grad transfer?

Not  sure, but I don't think so.

I didn't realize that he signed with Southern MIss out of high school during the December '18 signing period and enrolled in the summer of '19.  He then signed with ULM in June of '21 after spending some time at Blinn JC.  He is listed as a junior on the current roster

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I disagree.

2022: Third Team All-CUSA (Phil Steele) … Honorable Mention All-CUSA (Coaches, PFN) … Burlsworth Trophy Nominee … HM Tyler Rose Player of the Week (9/13, 10/31, 11/7) … Manning Award Star of the Week (11/7/22) … C-USA Offensive Player of the Week (8/29/22) … started all 14 games at quarterback for UNT … threw for 3547 yards and 33 touchdowns on the year … finished first in Division I with 15.29 passing yards per completion … set a single-season school record with 33 passing touchdowns

Just forget all the untimely interceptions he threw. For me it cancels out a lot of his positives.

• Upvote 4

There's a YT video of all the college pick sixes last year and I because I'm a junkie and watch college football highlights in the summer, I watched it. Aune was on there so much I had to turn it off early before my PTSD kicked in. 

Having said that he wasn't a bad quarterback, but you just can't play quarterback that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, meanrob said:

There's a YT video of all the college pick sixes last year and I because I'm a junkie and watch college football highlights in the summer, I watched it. Aune was on there so much I had to turn it off early before my PTSD kicked in. 

Having said that he wasn't a bad quarterback, but you just can't play quarterback that way. 

Scary that Aune was the 34th most efficient passer in the country last season while our prized recruit to replace him was 46th.

• Oh Boy! 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Scary that Aune was the 34th most efficient passer in the country last season while our prized recruit to replace him was 46th.

His efficiency is directly contributed to his yards per completion, at 15+ per. Which is really a tip of the cap to our run game. Which is really Patrick Cobbs, the stable of studs he coaches, and our OL showing the knack to be pretty aggressive at times. 

• Upvote 2