TCU "Indefinitely" Pausing Series with SMUt

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Dude, you can't be be fking serious?  

Look, I get that you guys are trolling, desperate and crave approval, but this is just next level stupid. 

I hate Texas u with every fiber in my body, but even I wouldn't say that tu wasn't "that good" when they made the title game with Vince Young. 

Please, just stop. Or at the very least, go back to your own board with your own kind. 

Go look at those games. I'm not saying they were a good team or didn't win the games - they obviously did. But they had every break go their way imaginable. Multiple games where the opponent had their starting QB out. Multiple games with turnovers exactly at the right time, penalties at the right time. Lost their own starting QB to end up with a Heisman candidate backup QB they didn't even want to start.  And they capitalized on them. They did earn their way to the championship game. But they were not anywhere near the #2 team on talent and there's no way they will get that far again.  They will have to fight and claw to stay competitive at they level they want to be, and us buying players, giving them a loss OOC, etc is a detriment to them. We damn near beat them last year and we were not anywhere near as good as them overall. That would have killed their season.  

And for what?  They get no credit for beating us. Only we can gain.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Go look at those games. I'm not saying they were a good team or didn't win the games - they obviously did. But they had every break go their way imaginable. Multiple games where the opponent had their starting QB out. Multiple games with turnovers exactly at the right time, penalties at the right time. Lost their own starting QB to end up with a Heisman candidate backup QB they didn't even want to start.  And they capitalized on them. They did earn their way to the championship game. But they were not anywhere near the #2 team on talent and there's no way they will get that far again.  They will have to fight and claw to stay competitive at they level they want to be, and us buying players, giving them a loss OOC, etc is a detriment to them. We damn near beat them last year and we were not anywhere near as good as them overall. That would have killed their season.  

And for what?  They get no credit for beating us. Only we can gain.

Oh oh , we damn near beat them.  No kidding, are you going to keep this up, trolls keep on trolling.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Yes. That's literally what I'm saying and why they cancelled. We don't benefit them, only potentially hurt them.

That's not just what you said: you said:

"In short, they're scared."

no they aren't.  A nutritionist isn't scared of Mountain Dew.  A butcher isn't scared of the excess.

Stop framing this like SMU invokes some kind of power over TCU.

• Upvote 3

On 8/26/2023 at 11:28 PM, DentonStang said:

You, me, and TCU all know they made that game from phenomenal luck.  They are good but not that good. They are absolutely vulnerable in recruiting now in the B12 sans UT and OU.  They will continue to lose conference prestige and they will need to stay razor sharp to combat that. Having us be a legitimate recruiting competitor is only bad for them.

This is Weapons Grade Stupid...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1