Several AAC and MWC schools have reached out to the Pac 9

Cougar King

8 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I heard that it isn’t out of the question for Stanford to shutdown its FBS level football.  I could see them doing the Ivy League thing.  They would play a FCS schedule and rotate non-conferences visits to their old FBS rivals.   And like the Ivy League they wouldn’t have a post season have some kind of “bowl” like MEAC vs SWAC championship.

Terrible idea they have but fitting. It's a microcosm to what's happening to the pac. 

And to comment on the guy you quoted... once wash st, Oregon st, cal and Stanford aren't riding coattails anymore no one will care about them. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I think we won't know the exact numbers until next year when someone uses the FOIA to get the actual numbers. I always thought we would be getting half shares, but if it is how you say that extra $6.3M may go to cover entrance fees over a few years for new schools. I know that eventually the contract will get us all to the same payout, but that information has not been revealed. 

I'd assume Navy and Wichita split 1 share, but maybe someone like @DentonStang or @Cougar King who've been in the conference know the details. 

As fas as the exit fees, I'm not sure what those will be used for. Maybe to bolster the legacy members, or something else. I don't think the 6 new members would see any of that money, as we weren't in the conference when they left. 

Yes. Since Navy is football only and Wichita is Olympic sports only, neither gets a full share.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Now, now...don't try to get TOO high and mighty and claim all the credit.

The Big 10 is going to help with the burial.   

The B1G dug the hole with a golden shovel, and after the BIGXII had lowered the casket into it, the B1G adornished it with some roses standing in a mostly broken bowl.

The only disagreement arose when the BIGXII later asked whether they wanted to dance together on that grave, and the B1G declined, responding that it needed to show a somber face of grief for the loss of the PAC12 to the outside world. Several folks in the BIGXIIs party danced anyway.

Edited by outoftown