Our Programs True Potential?

2 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Oh ye of little faith…….. we will get there before it is all over, I hope.  

I said the same thing when  I was known as "UNTKid".  I think you might be right, though. 

Mad Esports GIF by eSuba

5 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Yes. It's going to be hard to fill the stadium against Charlotte or UNT unless we are undefeated

I'm gonna miss dominating Ford Field but onto bigger and better things. It's nice playing in-state schools that actually bring thousand of fans.

12 hours ago, Cougar King said:

UT drew 105,213 for Bama

UT drew 95,202 for Kansas

So yes, you are correct as a matter of fact.

A true sports university is like LSU which packs in Tiger stadium even when the opponent is road kill like North Texas. The Tiger fans come to see their team play not who they play. And since we never will be in the Big 12 or SEC and have a schedule of regional P5 schools we might as well quit investing in bricks and sticks. If its who we play instead of how we play we are wasting our money and need to be content with a football stadium with I/3 of the seats empty and men's basketball with 4,000 fans in a 10,000 seat venue.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, wardly said:

And since we never will be in the Big 12 or SEC and have a schedule of regional P5 schools we might as well quit investing in bricks and sticks. If its who we play instead of how we play we are wasting our money and need to be content with a football stadium with I/3 of the seats empty and men's basketball with 4,000 fans in a 10,000 seat venue.

Do you recall 15 years ago watching a game at Fouts?   Did you envision then where we are now?   Modern football facilities, in the best G5 conference with Smu, Memphis, Tulane, USF, Navy, et al?   We are not in the SEC yet, but....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

A true sports university is like LSU which packs in Tiger stadium even when the opponent is road kill like North Texas. The Tiger fans come to see their team play not who they play. And since we never will be in the Big 12 or SEC and have a schedule of regional P5 schools we might as well quit investing in bricks and sticks. If its who we play instead of how we play we are wasting our money and need to be content with a football stadium with I/3 of the seats empty and men's basketball with 4,000 fans in a 10,000 seat venue.

IMG_1094.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2023 at 6:10 PM, wardly said:

LSU is the most desired public academic institution in the state of Louisiana. If you list the best programs of the last 50 years most of them are the flagship university of one of their state’s top 2 university systems.  It is how we play and who we play.  That is why our time at FCS really handicapped the program and decreased its visibility in the DFW area.  And how we played has maxed out at just mediocre any 5 year period.  And the guy who arguably bucked that mediocrity for any period of time is still roasted for black uniforms when the facilities were garbage.  Or they say “it was only the Sun Belt” to criticize him. 🙄. Then he had presumed future QB starting died, he had a heart attack and then he was fired.  We aren’t catching programs like LSU and UT.   But we can absolutely catch Texas Tech, Baylor, and  Houston.  Who we play is just another part of the game day experience that can’t be subpar consistently without it impacting interest.  Even LSU fans aren’t showing up for 7 home games a year against FCS and the worst of G5.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1