Wren going after UAB's Andy Kennedy?

Kennedy's name being mentioned as a possible replacement for Huggins.  Would be a huge loss for UAB and the AAC.

West Virginia is now a top-20 job in the country currently, thanks to the national relevancy Huggins and John Beilein have brought to the program over the past two decades. But would a Power-6 coach leave their team mid-summer to take a WVU job that has many questions regarding the roster right now? I can see a mid-major up-and-coming coach taking that opportunity but again, you don’t know how the players are going to feel about the hire. If you can’t poach a current coach from a program, you’re targeting someone that’s been out of the game for some time. Early on, certain names have been brought up such as Andy Kennedy (UAB), Jerrod Calhoun (Youngstown State), Steve Forbes (Wake Forest), Pat Kelsey (College of Charleston), Ben McCollum (Northwest Missouri State), Beilein and others.

https://wvsportsnow.com/bock-wvu-basketball-should-go-the-interim-route-during-2023-24-season/

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

why not the FAU coach, final four appearance

I would pick Andy Kennedy, too. Bigger body of work. 20+ wins in his lone season at Cincinnati, I think only 1 losing season out of his 12 at Ole Miss and I want to say 8 or 9 of those also finished with 20+ wins and then all 3 seasons at UAB have resulted in 20+ wins. Kennedy is a proven commodity versus Mays having 1 hot season.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I would pick Andy Kennedy, too. Bigger body of work. 20+ wins in his lone season at Cincinnati, I think only 1 losing season out of his 12 at Ole Miss and I want to say 8 or 9 of those also finished with 20+ wins and then all 3 seasons at UAB have resulted in 20+ wins. Kennedy is a proven commodity versus Mays having 1 hot season.

I think if you see FAU have another incredible run, May's stock is going to skyrocket and the offers will pour in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think if you see FAU have another incredible run, May's stock is going to skyrocket and the offers will pour in.

100% but as of right now, May has finished 4 seasons a hair above .500% and had one incredible run that was a bad Kendrick Davis turnover and possession arrow away from not happening. Still deserves all the credit for their run but he needs another solid season to be get the big offers. Expectations are high with almost their entire roster returning.

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

Looks like it will not be Kennedy

Please expand. 
Everything I read says WVU was meeting with him virtually, he was denying the meeting and dispelling the rumors which tells me he is gone. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1