Monday Morning: Who would you rather?

MeanGreenDan

Monday Morning: Who would you rather?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your new top choice?

• Kenny Perry (Texas Tech associate head coach)
    • Garrett Riley (TCU offensive coordinator)
    • Joe Gillespie (TCU defensive coordinator)
    • KC Keeler (Sam Houston head coach)
    • Justin Fuente (former Memphis and Virginia Tech head coach)
    • None of them

Kenny Perry is the most unexciting, head scratching, and WTF inducing choice I could imagine.

I could not imagine a hire that would have the fans more disappointed than if we just rehired Seth. If Mosley makes that hire, he might as well just leave his keys on the desk when he leaves the building that day...

• Upvote 5

There are several names mentioned that I would be happy about: Riley, Fuente, Gillespie, Harsin.  I would be okay with Carthel, but not exactly excited.  Anybody else and I just can’t convince myself to be excited…unless there’s a great unknown.

To put things in perspective, look at all of the new hires across college football so far.  There are only a few of those guys that I’d be excited to have, so from that standpoint I’m optimistic.

Edited by NT93

23 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Here's a tease for y'all...

One of my posts from early last week has been garnering a bunch of upvotes today, which is odd timing for a bump in +1s.   Especially with so much content over the past week.   

I'll refrain from saying who or what that post is about, in case we shouldn't read into it (I am)...  but it's regarding a guy on this list.

I'll come back and revisit this post after the hire to see if there was any correlation.

Well,  I was wrong on my assumption.     The random post getting a ton of attention was around Garrett Riley.