FIU coach Mike MacIntyre after loss to North Texas: ‘Most disappointed I’ve been here’

Coach Andy Mac

For FIU Panthers fans who wanted to see coach Mike MacIntyre more upset after a loss, Saturday was your moment.

FIU lost 52-14 at North Texas in a game that was not as closely played as that score indicates.

The Panthers trailed 38-0 after just 20 minutes, and North Texas emptied their bench in the second half.

“North Texas kicked our butts,” MacIntyre said. “They are a really good football team. They are a mature team. You can see why they beat Western Kentucky so bad.

“We did not play well. I’m really disappointed in our coaching staff and myself and our players. It’s the most disappointed since I’ve been here.”

read more: https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article268364832.html

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

They should follow the SMU model, get transfers that want to come home.

I would hope FAU would follow that model. FIU is irrelevant to us going forward. We should hope our future conference mates do better for the credibility of the AAC, but that we do better than the rest.

• Upvote 4