Clint Murchison, Jr•Darrell Royal•Seth Littrell

PlummMeanGreen

I think it was about 1966 when Tom Landry & his coaching staff thought Murchison & GM Tex Schramm were  going to fire all of them.  Surprise, surprise, surprise! Instead, Landry got a 10 year contract to keep building the Cowboy’s fortunes.

In 1965, 1966 & 1967, the Texas Longhorns under Darrell Royal had what (probably) their Board of Regents didn’t think measured up to UT standard & word was there was a move to fire DKR.  The next season the Horns with DKR started a college football record-breaking win streak with their new wishbone offense.
In 1976, the Mean Green “almost” (I hate that word) beat DKR & Earl Campbell’s Texas Longhorns. •••That would be Royal’s last year as UT’s head football coach.  He remained as the AD.      

Seth Littrell?  TBD….     
A successful 2022 season will all but guarantee a 4-5 year extension because a 2 year extension would all but destroy our recruiting the next 2 years & beyond.  Heck! UTSA’s head coach already has a set speech when it comes to UNT.  Word on the street is negative  recruiting against North Texas is his forte’.  He is a smooth operator.  Go on now—“All their facilities; they’ve been playing football a 100 years; all their wealthy donors, etc, etc, etc•••
 OH THE HUMANITY!

This below is what you get in front of the TV cameras. Same words probably “mysteriously” change 180 degrees in a  blue chip recruits living room.

▶️▶️▶️ Start at 7:50 in this video.

Plaza Dedication Ceremony For    
Leon King & Abner Haynes    
During Homecoming This Saturday.

38FC2658-ACB6-4C6A-A736-2388B44F3699.jpeg.00014c97933413e3c24762451ee0a685.jpeg5E7ACC8F-3EF8-4246-B02E-76B88D7AD255.jpeg.8e26a4c081ed3a5e7db3e0a7c7f5578d.jpegFC0377E8-BBA2-4AF8-916B-4D8650C59CDA.jpeg.01a7ff14260c5f55d1cd8c7bc2063b42.jpeg20B6D900-6FD3-47E3-94C3-11062D09352B.jpeg.165fd6b91d3c7a602f6794420c96f6b8.jpeg 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to Clint Murchison, Jr•Darrell Royal•Seth Littrell
8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I think it was about 1966 when Tom Landry & his coaching staff thought Murchison & GM Tex Schramm were  going to fire all of them.  Surprise, surprise, surprise! Instead, Landry got a 10 year contract to keep building the Cowboy’s fortunes.

In 1965, 1966 & 1967, the Texas Longhorns under Darrell Royal had what (probably) their Board of Regents didn’t think measured up to UT standard & word was there was a move to fire DKR.  The next season the Horns with DKR started a college football record-breaking win streak with their new wishbone offense.
In 1976, the Mean Green “almost” (I hate that word) beat DKR & Earl Campbell’s Texas Longhorns. •••That would be Royal’s last year as UT’s head football coach.  He remained as the AD.      

Seth Littrell?  TBD….     
A successful 2022 season will all but guarantee a 4-5 year extension because a 2 year extension would all but destroy our recruiting the next 2 years & beyond.  Heck! UTSA’s head coach already has a set speech when it comes to UNT.  Word on the street is negative  recruiting against North Texas is his forte’.  He is a smooth operator.  Go on now—“All their facilities; they’ve been playing football a 100 years; all their wealthy donors, etc, etc, etc•••
 OH THE HUMANITY!

This below is what you get in front of the TV cameras. Same words probably “mysteriously” change 180 degrees in a  blue chip recruits living room.

▶️▶️▶️ Start at 7:50 in this video.

Plaza Dedication Ceremony For    
Leon King & Abner Haynes    
During Homecoming This Saturday.

38FC2658-ACB6-4C6A-A736-2388B44F3699.jpeg.00014c97933413e3c24762451ee0a685.jpeg5E7ACC8F-3EF8-4246-B02E-76B88D7AD255.jpeg.8e26a4c081ed3a5e7db3e0a7c7f5578d.jpegFC0377E8-BBA2-4AF8-916B-4D8650C59CDA.jpeg.01a7ff14260c5f55d1cd8c7bc2063b42.jpeg20B6D900-6FD3-47E3-94C3-11062D09352B.jpeg.165fd6b91d3c7a602f6794420c96f6b8.jpeg 

The next question was the clock mess at the end of the first half. I thought his excuse was hilarious.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If you listen Traylors "compliments" for UNT are about as backhanded as can be. I know we have three game until the potential rematch, but I hope the coaches are putting together a game plan to open up the run.

Noble concept, but run east and west designed plays if inside zone doesn't work. Then, come back to IZ. But if they're going to neglect pass defense, it'll be put up or shut up time for Aune. Better throw 4 bills. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If you listen Traylors "compliments" for UNT are about as backhanded as can be. I know we have three game until the potential rematch, but I hope the coaches are putting together a game plan to open up the run.

Hmmm? Let’s see if all those psychology courses I took at North Texas while Dr. Phil was even a UNT student helps me with this Trailor profile:

👍👍And El Paso🦅Eagle, good to see you picked up on his back-handed comments, too.  You know the one like “They’ve been playing football a 100 years?” Ouch!😆 
 ••• Trailor has an ego bigger than the Lone Star State. He sounds so full of himself with bullshit that comes oozing out of his ears even probably in the middle of church.😳 Contain yourself, man!  There is a time & place. 
 ••• 18 year olds sitting in their home living rooms with mama are the perfect target for Brother🧡Love aka Coach Miracle Man!  He truly is a Texas High School Coach phenomena—truly!  Texas mamas all over will worship at his feet & in his presence; especially when he tells their sons how lucky 🍀 they will be to be under his miracle-making tutelage.  Kinda’ all reminds me & makes me want to quote what the warden said in that prison movie••••••”IT’S A MIRACLE!” 😳
•••The utsa coach recently said “no one had ever beat… “him”…as bad as Littrell & North Texas did last year.  🤔OK, did “him” actually play in that game?  I guess the cold rain that day clouded my glasses & I must have missed it.
•••Coach Miracle Man’s ego could cause him to crash & self-destruct in time if he’s not careful. He will eventually wonder why in hell did he ever sign a long drawn out 10 year contract with a G5 start-up school.  
You see, Brother Love & His Salvation Show was really meant to be at a school with a stadium that seats at least 100,000!  (30,000 fans audiences will just not be large enough).  

•••Most of his present players are still from his predecessor’s recruiting including their present QB who seems like he’s been in SA as long as the school’s been playing football.  Oh! I get it!  QB Frank wants to beat Austin Aune’s record-breaking age 29?  What a competitor!  

Some of you on GMG need to understand that you are taking yourselves way too serious.
Don’t take 50 years following all this before you know that. Full disclosure:  Some of us did just that. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1