Has the B10 put ND in line to make more $ than anyone else?

Showing that they are willing to wait for Notre Dame has the B10 put Notre Dame in a position to be the most highly compensated program in college athletics? Here is my thinking. They have a great situation in the ACC. The ACC  thinking they could convince them to join in football gave them open access to all other sports and pays them a share of those sports. In football now Notre Dame can go to NBC and make them best at least or match any offer from the Big 10 to keep them on the NBC Network which seems to be all NBC has left.

Personally I do not believe that Notre Dame wants to join any conference in football. Especially the SEC or the Big Ten. I believe they realize how valuable they are as an independent and understand that joining those conferences would in most years put them at the 3rd to 5th best teams in the conference. The only way this might change is if the super conference's break off. However, if this happens because of their popularity Notre Dame would probably still get in the break off even without joining a conference.

Edited by El Paso Eagle

• El Paso Eagle changed the title to Has the B10 put ND in line to make more $ than anyone else?
2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Showing that they are willing to wait for Notre Dame has the B10 put Notre Dame in a position to be the most highly compensated program in college athletics? Here is my thinking. They have a great situation in the ACC. The ACC  thinking they could convince them to join in football gave them open access to all other sports and pays them a share of those sports. In football now Notre Dame can go to NBC and make them best at least or match any offer from the Big 10 to keep them on the NBC Network which seems to be all NBC has left.

Personally I do not believe that Notre Dame wants to join any conference in football. Especially the SEC or the Big Ten. I believe they realize how valuable they are as an independent and understand that joining those conferences would in most years put them at the 3rd to 5th best teams in the conference. The only way this might change is if the super conference's break off. However, if this happens because of their popularity Notre Dame would probably still get in the break off even without joining a conference.

ND is a big catch for a conference so there will be some extra patience and giving extended by the B1G.  But Notre Dame staying Independent isn't a clear road either.  Staying Indy is a big risk trying to qualify for a Playoff spot.  The ACC could also become weakened as some think the SEC has it's eyes on up to 4 schools there.