SMU Head Coach Rhett Lashlee Breaks Down the game at UNT

9/3 at North Texas

"We knew who our non-conference schedule was, we knew who the teams from our conference who would be on our schedule were, we just had no idea the order,” said Lashlee. “And order matters. I do think this is probably the hardest schedule SMU has had since at least 2018, which was my first year as OC - maybe even harder than that just because I think the league is stronger now than it was then.”

2018 did begin similarly for the Mustangs.

“I think that year we played at North Texas, we played at Michigan and we played TCU in the non-conference,” recalled Lashlee. “Well, this year we play at North Texas, we play at Maryland and we play TCU. So, we have a really good non-conference slate.”

This year could be do-or-die for Seth Littrell at North Texas and the addition of former Memphis quarterback Grant Gunnell should likely bolster the Mean Green’s offensive machine. Sources say it’s the junior’s father who calls the shots and while Gunnell didn’t necessarily want to compete for the Tiger’s starting spot, he didn’t really want to transfer again.

read more:  https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/5/15/23072320/smu-football-rhett-lashlee-breaks-down-the-mustangs-2022-2023-schedule

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

This year could be do-or-die for Seth Littrell at North Texas and the addition of former Memphis quarterback Grant Gunnell should likely bolster the Mean Green’s offensive machine. Sources say it’s the junior’s father who calls the shots and while Gunnell didn’t necessarily want to compete for the Tiger’s starting spot, he didn’t really want to transfer again.

d19d5fdaffad95ed598f38b50ff71363b59c-400

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, Coach Andy Mac said:

Sources say it’s the junior’s father who calls the shots and while Gunnell didn’t necessarily want to compete for the Tiger’s starting spot, he didn’t really want to transfer again.

This seems like internet/social media/message board trash to me. No one other than the Gunnells know how these decisions are truly made. I'm sure that in most decisions it's a family decision. I'm glad when parents are involved. I think it brings some level-headedness to the situation that an 18-22 year old can often use.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1