Jace Ruder taking lead so far this spring

Dannymacfan

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Read between the lines Lifer.

No expansion necessary.   No further info necessary.

Read between the lines?  Ruder is buried on the depth chart, for whatever reason, and a family member or someone close to him is posting accusations.  Think their view might be a little slanted?  I think our QB room is Aune, Gunnell, Earle, Head and Ruder.  Tell me how many 5th string QB's are getting attention from the coaches in the limited practice time they have.  Sorry, but a family member will always have a skewed POV.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Read between the lines?  Ruder is buried on the depth chart, for whatever reason, and a family member or someone close to him is posting accusations.  Think their view might be a little slanted?  I think our QB room is Aune, Gunnell, Earle, Head and Ruder.  Tell me how many 5th string QB's are getting attention from the coaches in the limited practice time they have.  Sorry, but a family member will always have a skewed POV.

Or, a very real POV.   Not inferences & conjecture like we have on gmg.com.
I don't see Ruder pouting on the sideline like he's butthurt or anything.   And I honestly don't think he's #5 (more like #3).

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Or, a very real POV.   Not inferences & conjecture like we have on gmg.com.
I don't see Ruder pouting on the sideline like he's butthurt or anything.   And I honestly don't think he's #5 (more like #3).

I saw him on the sideline and he seemed engaged, and like you stated, no pouting.  His actions don't support what I saw.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

First of all, I never said anything about who should be starting. Just simply, that there is a lack of communication on the team and that for ANYONE to grow, there needs to be better leadership from the top.

I mean, what team recruits and out 5 QB's on Scholarship? That alone doesn't make sense. They ALL have so much potential

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, Fan10 said:

First of all, I never said anything about who should be starting. Just simply, that there is a lack of communication on the team and that for ANYONE to grow, there needs to be better leadership from the top.

I mean, what team recruits and out 5 QB's on Scholarship? That alone doesn't make sense. They ALL have so much potential

I glanced at a few other schools to see how many QB's they carry and 4 or 5 seems to be the norm.  UT and A&M have seven on their roster.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Fan10 said:

Just simply, that there is a lack of communication on the team and that for ANYONE to grow, there needs to be better leadership from the top.

Lack of communication according to who? I've heard the culture in the program is very, very good.  Players seem to enjoy each other and like the coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

50 minutes ago, Fan10 said:

This part gets me. Three of our five scholarship QBs had a combined 73 scholarship offers out of high school (per 247) but we're supposed to believe the guy who was out of football for 6+ years is the best option? I don't buy it. Release the quarterbacks!!

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"on scholarship" being the key qualifier.    It's definitely not out of the norm to have 2 non-scholarshipped QBs.

What QB's are not on scholarship?  I am guessing you are referring to Earle and Head, but I would be extremely surprised if they transferred here without a scholarship.

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What QB's are not on scholarship?  I am guessing you are referring to Earle and Head, but I would be extremely surprised if they transferred here without a scholarship.

Yes.  All 5 of ours are.   That's what he's saying is so odd.
You were saying you saw 4-5 QBs on other rosters.  That's certainly not abnormal... but they usually aren't all on scholarship like ours are.

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This part gets me. Three of our five scholarship QBs had a combined 73 scholarship offers out of high school (per 247) but we're supposed to believe the guy who was out of football for 6+ years is the best option? I don't buy it. Release the quarterbacks!!

!!!!

1 hour ago, Fan10 said:

Aune started as a walkon but your point stands as he was already on ‘ship when they signed the others. I don’t think they expected to get Gunnell when they signed both Earle and Head so maybe the intention was only to have 4 on scholarship. I thought too many scholly qbs was why they chased Kason, Kuehne, and Gilmore off and moved Drummond to linebacker.

Also, I want you to know that I believe Ruder has the strongest arm in our quarterback room. What do you think of Gunnell? His arm strength seems suspect to me and he looked woefully inaccurate and panicked in Saturday’s game. What are your opinions on the 5 quarterbacks strengths and weaknesses? I’ll hang up and listen. Thanks.